Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Entertainment • Page 196

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, May 11, 2016.

1. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Possibly? Like, I wouldn’t say the show is *good* or whatever but we’re definitely not supposed to be always rooting for these characters and I felt like the show was aware of that.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Nathan like this.
  2. Furry Werthers

Trusted

It'd make more sense coming from the mom, cause it definitely sounds like a dated reference lol

Meerkat likes this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I love Taylor but

4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

show is getting tons of shit for numerous poor taste jokes, i wouldn’t be quick to give it the benefit of the doubt right now

5. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

6. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

doesn’t shock me at all

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

theagentcoma and incognitojones like this.
  9. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

uh there's a place Dr. Phil sends "troubled children"?? What the hell kinda gulag is this

10. Furry Werthers

Trusted

These places are much more distressingly common than one would expect.

stars143 and theagentcoma like this.
  11. there’s like a huge industry of these reform/rehab places for kids where most seem totally abusive and nobody seems to talk about

12. Furry Werthers

Trusted

So many people treat the kids sent there like they're already "lost" and just ignore the horrors that happen there.

13. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

I agree with this and everything but I don’t understand the need to even get this far. The nanny saw him assaulting her and the child victim herself described multiple instances of that and worse happening. And she continues to maintain her accounts. There’s an eyewitness and a victim account. I mean it’s crazy to me any debate doesn’t end there!

14. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

no but you don't understand, the accused molester himself said the child may be unreliable, that means who can even tell what the truth really is

Victor Eremita likes this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

also the teenager he groomed wasn't his daughter it was his girlfriend's daughter which is totally different and normal

Anthony_ likes this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Victor Eremita likes this.
  17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

18. The hits keep coming

19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Perfect pic of him

20. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I know about the whole feet fetish he has but is there more abusive things he has done? I haven’t heard of anything else other than the word creep is thrown around his name a lot.

incognitojones likes this.
  21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

There’s been rumblings for years about him potentially being abusive to his underage casts, but nothing solidified. He did get let go of Nickelodeon quietly a few years back. I am 100% on board with him being a huge creep

ItsAndrew, incognitojones and Zilla like this.
  22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

He was apparently verbally abusive and rumors are he is a serial predator

Jennette had ed which was triggered by the show

ItsAndrew likes this.
  23. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

She never called out Dan by name, but has talked about an unnamed producer and how manipulative and gross they were to their casts and her. I don’t think that’s why she’s not in this though. She’s made it clear her experience in Hollywood was traumatic and triggered her alcoholism, which is why she quit acting.

24. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

has mia farrow ever discussed polanski and his crimes? i’m watching allen v. farrow and the connection between her and the two of them is pretty interesting

incognitojones likes this.
  25. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Ugh. His contributions are moot when he used his status and power to abuse so many women.

Zilla and thenewmatthewperry like this.