Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Entertainment • Page 195

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, May 11, 2016.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Went on Twitter and saw people applauded Amber Heard getting fired from Aquaman. Some people were saying “cancel-culture” finally got someone right. Even though the Amber stuff is messy I absolutely think it’s super fucked up people are acting this way. They’re probably all thinking Depp was innocent.

2. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Exactly people are awful and also uh...

People are taking fucking We Got This Covered as a reliable source again

Zilla, CarpetElf and incognitojones like this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

His fans are unhinged

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I feel like a lot of these people aren’t even Depp fans, they’re just men who want to see “a woman cancelled for once”.

But yeah Depp stans are definitely unhinged

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

a lot are women too though

waterloobeam likes this.
  6. Anthony_

7. Furry Werthers

Trusted

Sadly, as my Facebook feed of old high school friends can attest, it's not just men who take this stance :/

8. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah I’ve had several female Facebook friends post stuff defending Depp.

9. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

Victor Eremita likes this.
  10. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

bradsonemanband likes this.
  11. Furry Werthers

Trusted

so that show is just a mess, eh?

12. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

That joke is stale and sucks but the implication that Netflix worked with Taylor Swift so their other shows can’t joke about her is weak. I’ll give the benefit of the doubt that if it were an actual good joke at her expense she wouldn’t care but the first sentence of that tweet is all that was necessary.

13. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Yeah, I’m not really down with the attitude of “I’m important because I’m a big pop star and I should be treated as such.”, it’s really vainglorious.

14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

every time i read comments on FB articles its always like 97% middle aged white women who probably just loved pirates of the caribbean

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  15. soggytime

Trusted

Listen, celebs should always be fair game to crack a joke about. In Taylor's case, yes this joke was lame and stale and sexist, but at the same time she can't act like no one can make fun of her at all on top of those concerns.

16. Anthony_

I read it as she was disappointed that Netflix would allow a joke specifically like that one to air in one of their shows after having worked with her in the past. I seriously doubt she meant it as ANY joke at her expense would be off limits.

17. soggytime

Trusted

Fair enough. If the joke was actually good, maybe she'd give it a pass.

18. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Good for her.

19. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

What is this mythical "good" Taylor Swift joke people keep referring to lol.

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i think TS has made is pretty clear in the past that she has a relatively good sense of humor, but yeah i don't think she would approve of a "good" sexist joke, if there was one?

21. Nathan

Obviously if a joke is good it isn’t sexist. Like I said she gets the benefit of the doubt.

phaynes12 likes this.
  22. People use TS's name because it causes controversy and everything else aside, the joke is Big Bang Theory level lazy so I'm not gonna feel bad that Netflix got what it asked for by green-lighting the joke. She's been hearing that "joke" since she was a child so being extra sensitive to it checks out and being a celebrity doesn't really keep people from having normal human emotions about stuff like that. They banked on that, and here we are.

I will add: I wish stans in general would calm the hell down. Harassing actors who have nothing to do with scripts is nonsense.

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Plus if they didn't trend it she wouldn't see it

As others have said it's very how you do fellow kids to make that joke in 2021

Victor Eremita and Anna Acosta like this.
  24. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I absolutely understand why she’d be pissed about this but for whatever it’s worth the line isn’t actually used as a joke. It’s meant to be a shitty thing the daughter says to her mom during an argument. I rolled my eyes when I heard it and I’m pretty sure that was the intended response

25. Nathan

So it’s just everyone on the internet being as bad as they usually are at media literacy