Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Entertainment • Page 185

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, May 11, 2016.

1. Morrissey

Trusted

Armie Hammer may not be a cannibal, but he did paid advertisements for the Saudi regime. That is enough to distrust him.

2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i mean, his family essentially funded nixon into office and run one of the largest oil companies in the country. not surprising at all. very gross.

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

5. phaynes12

someone photographed with armie a lot last year said the screenshots are real

6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The bad thing about the internet (well, one of many) is that you can very easily fake the OG screenshot...and you can very easily fake the screenshot of the person admitting it was fake. I think the only part I care about re: this situation is if there was abuse...if he's into some cannibal kink okay, that's none of my business. If he manipulated people into sex or harmed them, then I care.

Anna Acosta and phaynes12 like this.
  7. phaynes12

it seemed like some abuse was alleged by the person confirming they’re real, but they wouldn’t go into detail, which i totally understand, bc i guess armie stans were attacking them

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

" lol I exposed my underlings to a potentially fatal virus"

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

His ex called it abusive

Victor Eremita and phaynes12 like this.
  10. phaynes12

this was the person i meant, i just couldn’t find the piece again for whatever reason

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

It looks like she had to make her account private

phaynes12 likes this.
  12. phaynes12

seems like it’s alleging he would ignore safe words, which if you’re gonna be into kinks (which is fine) it seems like a pretty big abuse of power

stars143 and Anna Acosta like this.
  13. Ignoring safe words in kink would invalidate consent, wouldn't it? Otherwise, what's the point?

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

okay yeah he did it

Victor Eremita and imthesheriff like this.
  15. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Any time someone claims they’re stepping down from something for the sake of their family, they are 1000% guilty of some dark shit

16. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

The second tweet has a screenshot of Diane Nelson (president of DC Entertainment 2009-2018) saying Geoff Johns’ treatment of Ray Fisher did, indeed, also happen in the comics division. Which, wouldn’t be surprising given this piece from last year detailing two black men’s experiences at the company.

The Diane Nelson tweet, & the account itself, no longer exist, but when I searched the account handle, I found some old Gail Simone tweets using it. (And, I trust Ritesh, who shared the screenshot.) So, I’m assuming ‘til I see otherwise that she tweeted that, then deactivated her account when it got attention.

Sucks that Ray Fisher was cut from the Flash movie (that, based on some online chatter, allegedly lost Rick Famuyiwa after Johns took over in part because Flash & Cyborg were gonna directly address some racial themes), especially when it’s still gonna star Ezra Miller. Was there ever any statement on that old Miller video with the fan?

tl,dr: Geoff Johns sucks.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah I don’t understand how the Ezra stuff hasn’t been talked about or followed up on.

phaynes12 likes this.
  18. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Armie being like “I absolutely cannot be in this film for the sake of my family” when Deux Moi has been posting abt how hard he got fired from that movie all week is honestly incredible.

19. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Plus he abandoned them in the cayman Islands then his son fell

21. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Absolutely furious that I spent so much time simping for yet another gross and disappointing man.

AndrewSoup and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Crisp X likes this.
  24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

RyanPm40 and imthesheriff like this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

[​IMG]