Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Entertainment • Page 18

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, May 11, 2016.

1. [​IMG]

2. Saw a few of these in the Music Accountability thread today :cringe:

4. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

This really disappointed me, I was looking forward to this but now I think I’ll just wait and watch it when it hits streaming somewhere. Like I shouldn’t be surprised that Tarantino would make a move like that but it still sucks.

5. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Finally

Also, bummed to hear that about Emile hirsh. He stars in my favorite movie so that’s super lame. I can’t believe that wasn’t even a well known thing.
    Other than that I love so many actors in that movie, I hope he decides to take him out

6. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Replace him with Christopher Plummer

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

8. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

DarkHotline and incognitojones like this.
  9. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Read that earlier, purely disgusting

10. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

That Chris article hit close to home. Awful. Glad it seems like she's doing better now

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That article is just awful. I feel like the “nerdy” side of entertainment has a long time reckoning coming, and she is so brave for speaking out about this now. Those relationships that have serious power issues and set off red flags without really being able to pinpoint them are everywhere, but something about this particular scene just seems to draw them in. Maybe it’s the fact that so many of the big stars play up their manchild tendencies for entertainment that you might not notice things don’t seem right when you meet them, or that so many of them go from fan to celebrity almost overnight you might mistake ego and greed for excitement. The part about him not caring about anyone who he can’t benefit from or trying to keep her hidden for his image reminds me of sooooo many people in the convention scene.

I’m so glad she seems to be writing this from a place of strength and peace and that it sounds like she has a support system now.

12. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Not doubting this at all, but how does everyone know that that's Chris Hardwick? Is he just the only one that fits her description or was it said somewhere?

13. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Went from one relationship directly into another - She worked for Nerdist, which he owns - etc. etc.

It’s absolutely him.

DarkHotline likes this.
  14. Jake Gyllenhaal

"A mildly successful podcaster to a powerhouse CEO of his own company," a man almost 2 decades older than her, doesn't drink, "pressured to take an on-camera job at his company I didn’t want" (she hosted one of the Nerdist youtube shows), she got pregnant ectopically (Hardwick discussed this on a Nerdist episode after it happened).... it's pretty obvious.

15. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

They dated for a few years. Well documented.

16. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

That Hardwick article is heart breaking and goes to show how two faced celebrities can be. Disgusting. Hopefully this woman finds at least a little peace from this. Hopefully Hardwick gets dropped hard from everything he does.

17. DarkHotline

Always knew that Hardwick was a smarmy dick but goddamn, fuck that guy.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Hardwick had a bit in his latest standup about him and Chloe dressing up in Kigurumi costumes and said "Because I see nothing but green flags!" and "She was 24! I was going through some things!"

What an absolute dick.

19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

100% fuck that guy, never liked him at all and this is the icing.

20. Jake Gyllenhaal

DarkHotline, Zilla and oldjersey like this.
  21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I didn't know he stopped doing The Nerdist? Is it not a podcast anymore?

22. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

He changed to the "ID10T" podcast in February.

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

24. DarkHotline

25. Zilla

Trusted Supporter