Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Entertainment • Page 116

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, May 11, 2016.

1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Getting arrested when in the midst of something like a heavy meth addiction can be a total blessing in disguise for a lot of people. The way I look at it, people need something pretty extreme to intervene between them and their continuous drug use, being arrested is on the more tame side of extreme consequences that can happen . This could absolutely be the first step to him getting serious help.

2. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

as much as it is ACAB this is definitely true sometimes, probably especially for famous people

3. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Anthony_ and incognitojones like this.
  4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  5. Cipher

So... this Johnny Depp and Amber Heard situation took quite the turn didn't it?

yocoxy and PandaBear! like this.
  6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

What happened?

7. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

yocoxy likes this.
  8. Cipher

Recorded phone call proves Amber Heard abused him. She gaslights him and makes fun of him the entire time too. She then said she can't promise she won't get physical with him again. It's pretty disturbing to be honest. Anyone who's sensitive to this stuff should probably avoid listening to it.

zzz zen likes this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Whatever happened Johnny Depp still abused her

10. yocoxy

Apparently there is cctv showing her getting a friend to hit her to give her bruises to use against him

zzz zen likes this.
  11. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

situations like this leave our culture in such a confused place.
    there’s absolutely no easy way to parse through the fact that the relationship was almost certainly mutually abusive, AND the fact that either/both party has lied publicly to try and shape the narrative AND the fact that people are using this as an excuse to challenge and not just #believewomen AND the fact that we as a society don’t want to support abusers yet can never know the true situation of their marriage
    There’s no easy or clear answers here and it makes everyone bonkers.

ItsAndrew, Aregala, Ken and 9 others like this.
  12. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

According to who? I read several articles this morning and none of them mentioned that. Seems like the kind of thing that would be public knowledge if it existed?? Of course I could be wrong and that’s why I’m asking for source bc more people should know that if it’s true

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Also his legal team has been running a damage control smear campaign for years
    But yeah complicated because people are complicated

14. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Basically

2305b55eb83edff2be8c2481dedd06a5.jpg

ItsAndrew, Sean Murphy, Ken and 7 others like this.
  15. yocoxy

Typical, can't find it now. It was a scan of a witness statement talking about video evidence that was being submitted.

But who knows. Like you say very complicated.

supernovagirl likes this.
  16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

people are legit out there acting like this clears his name lol like nah whatever she may have done he still abused her

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

His stans scare me more than Q Anon and Alex Jones

18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

So just cancel both Johnny and Amber.

CarpetElf likes this.
  19. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I still can’t get over seeing a tweet years ago (which I’m guessing was genuine) from a young Chris Brown fan after the Rihanna abuse came to light and she said, “Chris Brown can beat me all he wants”

CarpetElf likes this.
  20. Cipher

You didn't have to reiterate that. We all know.

21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Twitter absolutely does not.

22. Cipher

Twitter most definitely can be a cesspool. Not surprised.

23. People using this as a "gotcha" on this community isn't a good look. Reading comprehension seems hard for some.

24. soggytime

Trusted

25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah, the general public seems eager to forget

EAD54C4B-2A88-475E-BFDF-AAB6AB932571.jpeg