Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Accountability in Entertainment • Page 102

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, May 11, 2016.

1. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I’m gonna assume there’s around a 0% chance that something like this will be even acknowledged on a late night show like that

2. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

"So I heard you're really into transphobic violence."
    "Yeah, yeah, you could say that."
    *irrelevant comment from andy richter*
    *Conan stares into camera for 45 second applause break*

3. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

As much as I respect him as a comedic host, I doubt this would be brought up. If he wanted to, her publicist would have her yanked her from the taping.

CarpetElf likes this.
  4. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

“I understand you brought a video clip of you sitting on this person while they were getting beaten.”
    “That’s right”
    “Alright let’s take a look”
    *clip of Mac and Me that Paul Rudd always plays when he goes on*

5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

The Rosario Dawson story broke the day after she was on Conan iirc, not that it would have came up anyway

It looks like she's just continuing on her press tour as normal, this thread is literally the only place I've heard about this

6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

7. OhTheWater Oct 24, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 24, 2019)
    OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Fuck, I'm speechless. Apparently, per the IG comments, Weinstein has had a reserved seat at this "Actors Hour" thing before

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

honestly at this point I'm just preparing to see him walking the red carpet at the Oscars or something in the next year or two as someone's guest, just no shame or remorse whatsoever

iCarly Rae Jepsen and OhTheWater like this.
  10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Whether it's 'just friends' or something more...a 25-year-old hanging out with a 17-year-old is bothersome imo.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Why is this not making the rounds on all major outlets?

Wharf Rat, jkauf and supernovagirl like this.
  12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Actors Hour deleted their apology?

13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

What a fucking shit show.

14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Wharf Rat likes this.
  15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Aww, poor baby.

17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

“Somebody I know who’s friends with the creator [Laliberte] told me that she made a personal post saying that she was upset somebody had spoken out. It was so surreal. I was so certain that, especially in this community, of course somebody with power has got to stand up. Somebody must. And then nobody did. It’s stunning that it’s so easy and so quick to slip back into that same culture of silence that allowed him to do all of those horrendous things.”

This is fucking crazy

incognitojones and trevorshmevor like this.
  18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

https://instagram.com/fundraiserunderground?igshid=1kd9fqzhiputd

This org was also involved. Watch their story, look how many people are there! You can see Harvey in the back at a table, I think! How did only a few people say something? How has he been at these events before? What is happening?

I don’t mean to blame the artists performing bc I don’t know who they are or how they felt about him being there, but how are you throwing up a ton of IG stories and posts about how great last night was without acknowledging that HW was there?!

incognitojones likes this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Victor Eremita and OhTheWater like this.
  20. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Cumtown is alt right at this point, right?

yung_ting likes this.
  21. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

That tweet is just calling liberal Clinton supporters/apologists -- of whom there are still a ton -- hypocrites. How is that alt right?

22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

It’s one of many that’s mocking people being upset that HW has a reserved seat in that bar. The other point is valid

23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

24. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Imagine destroying your entire business to defend a man who literally caused an international incident by being a serial predator.

25. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

But just to clarify - Nick Mullen is a piece of shit and Cumtown sucks.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Aregala like this.