Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Acceptance Band • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jusscali, Mar 31, 2016.

1. It's not all one tempo. Unless you don't know what tempo means.

2. devenstonow

Noobie

somewhat disappointing and not able to recapture their former glory and something that I've only listened to once or twice since the week it came out.

but maybe I just love the moon is down too much and have a minority negative view of penny black

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  3. Jason Tate Feb 21, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 21, 2017)
    It's definitely not that. IMO.

4. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I really enjoyed that album and I too have voiced my opinion on the production a few times. Maybe a remaster might do it some justice in the future?

Back on track...I'm really looking forward to the new Acceptance album even if I wasn't sold on the two songs released so far.

5. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah I don't agree with the "one tempo" assessment, I do think some people may feel it lacks variety however depending on their tastes. I may be wrong though.

6. I think more than anything the criticism will be that it's a slower, more brooding album. It's got a vibe more than being "rock."

KidLightning likes this.
  7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I generally like their slower songs more anyway. I'm just excited to hear it.

8. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Maybe it's the current state of the world or something, but fuck, there's always a few who want to be killjoys around here. I mean, goddamn, the album has yet to be released and people are complaining about the campaign AND their own preconceived notions?! .....Christ.

beachdude42 and Jason Tate like this.
  9. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah I agree. Personally I love that about it.

10. DesolateEarth

Birb

I love their faster songs, but I can handle slower and brooding as long as it is interesting and done well. I'll hold off further judgement until I hear the rest of this.

11. Penny Black is one of the most frustrating albums I've ever heard, next to Letlive's The Blackest Beautiful. Can't believe how both bands let the albums be wrapped up with that production/mix/master.

12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

The songs themselves on Penny Black are so good, but I barely can revisit it because of how bad the production massacres it.

13. I revisit more often the live versions, which says a lot about how strange it was.

14. schackbr

Regular

yup. think i only wound up listening to this album about 3 or 4 times.

15. "So Cold" is a fucking jaaaam though

16. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Penny Black is an excellent record - outside of the production. There were interviews last year with Jason and he said something about maybe doing another album - but only if it feels right.

Back on topic - I can't believe we're going to have a new Acceptance record on Friday.

17. i hear it in my head every time I say something is so cold lol

18. Lucas27

Trusted

This is hilarious to me because I do the same thing. And I haven't even listened to that album for awhile.

19. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Can't believe we are two days away from this. So excited.

20. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

drip drip..

earthlight likes this.
  21. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Fuckkk

22. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm with you on TBB (don't think I've even heard Penny Black), but the production doesn't bother me so much anymore. I've listened to that record so much that the production is kinda just there, and the songs are incredibly good.

23. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Took some time just now to listen to the entire thing front to back. Will keep my opinions to myself until everyone gets a listen!

24. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

There's an album thread too if you wanna discuss in there!

25. sooner518

Regular

Honestly, this is my most anticipated album in 10 years. cant believe its finally here. listening now. so excited

AelNire likes this.