Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Acceptance - Wild, Free (October 2, 2020) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by contra11mundum, Aug 17, 2020.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

This is definitely the least engaged I’ve been by any of their releases to date... I wouldn’t say “uninspired” but to me most of it is pretty unmemorable. On the first few listens I found very little that hooked me. It’s like if you took CBD and removed most of the engaging dynamics and memorable hooks... I still enjoy their core sound, but I just was not nearly as engaged by the actual songwriting here, it’s pretty on a surface level but doesn’t stick with me much at all barring a few tracks.

2. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

No I know it’s there, I meant his contention that the killers are kind of wack. While I don’t personally care enough about them to have a strong opinion, it’s not an outlier opinion - at least what I’ve seen in passing.

3. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Same here! Every now and again we get a solid pop rock album still but we don’t have anywhere near as many bands doing it now compared to the 00s which sucks.

falafelmywaffle and SpyKi like this.
  4. r.z

Acceptance Verified

It’s always an experience to see what people think or feel about the stuff you’re doing, and certainly a humbling one in a lot of ways. Love, hate, lukewarm, or any other way - it’s just wildly, wildly humbling to me that folks take the time to listen to and even discuss any of the band’s music. Absolutely appreciative of the time and thought everyone has spent here with the new record. I see you up there, Mr. Tate. I know that you know that I know. ❤️

5. Oh sure. It's not the opinion itself that bugged me, just the hyperbole of the comparison seemingly being insulting. I'm sure the band would be humbled by it.

6. It wasn't always solid orange, mine came yesterday as well and I got an email from the merch company:

"It was brought to our attention that due to a pressing error the Orange Crush variant of this vinyl appears differently than the product images that were provided and shown at the time of purchase. The Orange Crush color that you receive is the only orange color that was pressed and is strictly limited to 500 copies. There is not a separate color variant that looks like the original mockup."

7. momo32t

Trusted

Now I’m really glad I got the Riptide variant (you know, whenever it actually arrives with the 7”)

8. Jusscali

Intend to give this a few more honest spins tonight by a fire - hoping the vibe will help

9. iiiii623498 Oct 3, 2020
    (Last edited: Oct 3, 2020)
    iiiii623498

Regular

This is everything I wanted it to be. For where I’m at in life, this is what I need right now. I loved “old” acceptance. I love current acceptance.

on a separate note, if anyone was sent those b-sides, I’d really appreciate them. I never got my download email, and I emailed merchnow and haven’t heard back.

anonimito likes this.
  10. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

This is everything I ever wanted from an Acceptance album in 2020. This album absolutely soars and lifts my spirits along with it.

Acceptance hold such a special place in my heart. In 2005 I had just started uni and got my hands on some of their acoustic songs and shared them with my then new girlfriend thinking she'd enjoy them too.

When my birthday rolled around she then went and bought me Phantoms and Black Lines to Battlefields on CD after importing them from the USA. I married the hell out of that girl.

Insane that 15 years later we are road-tripping together with a new Acceptance album on full blast.

11. sooner518

Regular

keep doing what youre doing Ryan. youll never please everyone. and tell us where/when we can buy digital versions of the B-sides....... ;)

falafelmywaffle and anonimito like this.
  12. Mustache_Band

This is the first time I've listened to Acceptance. It's a beautiful record, I'm gonna listen to this for a long time to come.

falafelmywaffle and anonimito like this.
  13. Jusscali

The singles they picked are def the best on here.

ctigers92 and beachdude like this.
  14. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Finally listening to this album and it’s completely my shit. Going to be getting a lot more plays during chilly evenings this fall/winter.

anonimito likes this.
  15. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I definitely get the mixed reactions with early listens, and I also agree that it needs multiple listens. Loving it more and more with each listen.

EDIT: I said “listen” a lot in this post

16. ctigers92

It definitely improves your perspective on the lyrics when you know what they're about. They just don't jump out to me like they have in the past. I just feel like in my initial listens that the record is lacking the classic Acceptance hooks that I've grown to love too. Glad they're still making music though and hope I change my mind with more spins.

beachdude and Jusscali like this.
  17. sooner518

Regular

What are the lyrics referring to specifically? i think i might have an idea, but dont want to speculate

18. ctigers92 Oct 5, 2020
    (Last edited: Oct 5, 2020)
    ctigers92

Not a clue. I was more referencing Jason’s post where he said he knew. For me, I can typically connect with and enjoy the record more when I know more background as well.

19. falafelmywaffle, ctigers92 and Toner like this.
  20. Jusscali

Oh it’s a growing on me

21. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

All 6 of them!

I really like the last 2 tracks as well and I think the b-sides might have some of what people seem to be looking for here, but I can understand why they weren't included.

anonimito likes this.
  22. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

how can one hear the b-sides?

23. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

24. sooner518

Regular

25. Jusscali

How many bsides? I’m gonna go hunting