Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Acceptance - Wild, Free (October 2, 2020) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by contra11mundum, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Sooooo GAD just released 2 songs through Equal Vision Records?!?!?!?!

2. I'll need a few more listens but I enjoyed what I've heard. It feels like an extension of Colliding By Design, sometimes to a fault as it doesn't seem to have as many standouts and it blends together a little. I like the The Killers vibe I notice at times too.

anonimito likes this.
  3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

yeah it definitely feels a tad underwhelming and Jasons vocal style isn't exactly what I want from him but I'm definitely willing to give it time to grow on me. I still like it a fair amount.

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

On my first listen Dark Age stood out. Not too crazy about the first four tracks. On Bend the Light now

5. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Idk what you all are listening to but this is really great

This is a much more cohesive than CbD, and these songs are very “sit on the porch and have a drink and relax” vibe that’s very specific for me, but really puts me in a specific place and mindset

falafelmywaffle and anonimito like this.
  6. sooner518

Regular

definitely feels like the Killers at times, Dark Age and Release and Let Go especially. and honestly, a lot of the vocal delivery kind of gives me some Springsteen vibes. i dont listen to too much new music these days and this will definitely be in my rotation for a long while. i just think I liked the style of CbD a bit more, but really, almost anything they put out is gold IMO

Also, not a fan of releasing 6 songs before the album comes out. Wish they would just release a single, then maybe one more song like a week before the album, then hit us with the whole thing.

also, did anyone get the B-Sides link?

anonimito and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

It does kind of feel like The Killers and reminds me of a lot of other stuff when really I want more stuff that sounds like Phantoms, lol.

I wish there were more bands trying to sound like 2000s pop rock.

JamesMichael and Jusscali like this.
  8. Eh there were so many bands doing that sound back in the day that I don't really miss it.

9. Michael Belt

metadata incarnate Supporter

the B-sides should've been on this album, tbh.

10. iiiii623498

Regular

I haven’t got the download link to the album or b-sides.

cool cool cool

11. stonecoldnimrod

Trusted

upon three spins, the album is great. i still haven't heard the one that has hooked me in yet. then again, my listens so far have been away from the screens and on random, so i don't know which song i'm actually hearing. i need one more listen in my car on the road somewhere to focus on them.

btw, if anyone is willing to share the digital b-sides, that would be greatly appreciated.

anonimito likes this.
  12. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I saw a few of you mentioning there was Killers vibes to this. Turned on the record and holy crap "Midnight" sounds like something the Killers would've wrote.

Overall digging this so far. Perfect music for the fall.

anonimito likes this.
  13. momo32t

Trusted

I am sadly in the same boat. Who knows when they will be able to get it in.

14. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Would love to be able to buy the b-sides and support the band. I don’t collect Vinyl, is that the only way to get them at the moment?

sooner518 and anonimito like this.
  15. sooner518 Oct 2, 2020
    (Last edited: Oct 2, 2020)
    sooner518

Regular

My orange crush vinyl came today. Thought it was gonna be a splatter but it’s a very bright solid orange.
    (EDIT - apparently it was always bright solid orange and i misremembered)

Attached Files:

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  16. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I think CBD offers a lot more variety and cool stuff in general. This is all very one note all the way through.

17. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Please let us not insult Acceptance by comparing them to The Killers.

Thanks!

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  18. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Cold Air reminds me of So Cold from Further Seems Forever

19. Jusscali

I do get FSF vibes, killers vibes, Springsteen vibes. Most of them are vibes I don’t care for. I just want some driving guitars and pep. I like the dark, moody, atmospheric stuff that really came into the mix during CBD but some urgency and like...catchy melodies...would be dope.

20. Jusscali

I do like fsf vibes though lol

21. Except The Killers are great, weird post

22. Jusscali

I mean it’s not THAT weird

Elder Lightning likes this.
  23. The similarity is there so yes?

24. ctigers92

None of the new songs stood out to me at all, really. I’m not sure if this band is overall my cup of tea anymore. The melodies and lyrics still just seem uninspired. I was really hoping for better with their second return album. Couple of the songs from the EP stood out though. Song with the “front lines” line is killer.

Cameron likes this.
  25. Knowing what some of the lyrics are about; “uninspired” makes me kinda mad to be honest