Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Acceptance – Colliding By Design (February 24, 2017) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Elder Lightning, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I don't think Phantoms sounds dated at all (remember back then how so many people complained about the production and that it sounded too produced or some ridiculous nonsense like that?) and I don't think CBD sounds at all like 2005.

earthlight likes this.
  2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Well, do you not think that if Phantoms came out today people would be saying it sounded like the pop rock scene circa 2005?

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  3. Elder Lightning

Not really. I don't think a lot from this scene sounded like that back then, and looking at the some of the top pop rock songs from 2005, there's not really much there that sounds like it either.

4. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I guess that's fair. What I'm really talking about, I guess, is the vibe it gives me, and I can't quite put my finger on what that is.

5. sooner518

Regular

I dont think Phantoms sounds dated at all. I love the production on that album. i remember hearing it back in '04 (when it leaked. i still have all those leaked files. theyre slightly different from the real album) and thinking "damn this album sounds amazing"

Aaron Sprinkle is a bonafide badass. I honestly cant think of a bad sounding album hes producted

6. Elder Lightning

Maybe it has something to do with Aaron Sprinkle's production? He had his hands all over the place during that time.

7. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Maybe, I really like his work on this though. I'll have to check out what else he's produced. One difference between Phantoms and CBD in my mind is that the songs on Phantoms definitely don't have the room to breathe that they do here, that makes a big difference for me.

8. sooner518

Regular

Hes done several Anberlin albums (their best ones IMO - NTFP, Cities, Vital and some of Lowborn). His solo album (Water & Guns) and his most recent band (Fair) are also really great albums. I just love his sound.

9. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Sprinkle is god

10. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I just picked up the album from my local record store and it's good but nothing amazing at first listen. The production is great but agree with someone else that said Jason's vocals feel almost drowned out. The songs feel repetitive at times but like I said, this is only my first listen.

Jusscali likes this.
  11. Jusscali

It's in stores but not at my house. Boooo

12. Thrill Collins

First seven listens conclusion: underwhelmed.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  13. Jusscali

I feel like a lot of people will feel that way. I'm finding a lot to love here but the accessibility and immediacy of the first record definitely is not here. I'm not underwhelmed - I'm definitely settling into it.

14. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

there are so many tempos wow

15. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

First album took me a while to fall in love with.

16. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

But seriously, the 80's pop-rock sound is really strong here. Really enjoying this, and expecting this to get better with each listen. Both Haunted and Diagram didn't really catch my ear until the 3+ listen

17. John Nguyen

People who pledged are able to download the album now.

18. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Fire and Rain has me dancing at work like that one Brad Pitt gif from Burn After Reading

19. Thrill Collins

Fuck its a jam.

20. tucah

not champ Prestigious

First listen and I'm satisfied. "Fire and Rain" is so good.

21. sooner518

Regular

i see the DL link, but it keeps timing out as soon as I get 40-50 MBs.... anyone able to upload the file to a more reliable server?

22. atlas

Trusted

Fire & Rain is so choice. Hope they swing back through my area soon so I can sing that one at the top of my lungs.

23. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I'm on my first listen. I can tell it's going to be a grower and I still love it.

Great sign.

What a great, subdued but catchy, immersive, pop rock album with all the vibes in the world.

I can't believe I'm listening to a new Acceptance record!

24. Tyler

Regular Supporter

About three listens deep and I'm really enjoying this. Hoping that vinyl copies start shipping out soon.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  25. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

First listen of this was good, there is some catchy music being played here. All the people freaking out about Fire and Rain are certainly justified.

feraldolce likes this.