Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Acceptance – Colliding By Design (February 24, 2017) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Elder Lightning, Dec 4, 2016.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Phantoms is one of my favourites from that year, top 5 for sure. It's one of my favourite years too though, stacked.

2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Ha, we are definitely different people. I prefer later albums by every single one of those artists except Nightmare of You and AAR. In fact, NOY S/T and Move Along are the only albums of those that I think really hold up.

3. SpyKi

I prefer later albums by all of them except Panic, NOY and Acceptance but I still love all of those albums.

4. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

So close.... but so far away...

5. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Weird - I thought MCS crashed and burned hard after those glory years. I do prefer some of Cartel's later stuff though, as well as Anberlin (although I love most of their catalogue).

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  6. SpyKi

MCS put out EIIKM after that which is one of the greats.

7. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

EIIKM, MDL, and Go are all better than CTTM and IATM (and much better), but I don't expect anyone else to agree.

Contender likes this.
  8. Jusscali

Oh, my bad. I love EIIKM.

SpyKi likes this.
  9. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

That actually is a very good comparison, yeah.

10. Eva89

Trusted Supporter

The vocals in the beginning of come closer remind me of a phil collins song but i can't remember which one and it's driving me crazy

11. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I couldn't get into MCS at all until My Dinosaur Life, and I really don't enjoy anything before it. CTTM annoyed the hell out of me.

FTank likes this.
  12. SpyKi

how could that album annoy anyone? It's just like MDL but way better.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  13. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

For those who don't do leaks, the album will be streaming tomorrow on Billboard.com

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

OH SHIT THE GRADUATE COMPARISONS? Bring tomorrow now plz

15. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Another Day in Paradise? I hear a little bit of similarity in one of the vocal melodies.

16. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Nah. Justin Pierre's voice had a really obnoxious quality about it that toned down a lot on later albums to better effect, but songs like "Everything Is Alright" or "LGFUAD" just highlight it badly.

Tighter songwriting on MDL too. "Disappear" and "Her Words Destroyed My Planet" are two of the better tracks they've done.

17. Jusscali

I could not disagree more with that perspective.

SpyKi likes this.
  18. Eva89

Trusted Supporter

You all weren't kidding about The Graduate, great stuff. Shame they broke up. Sad!

19. SpyKi

Yeah I don't get that at all. I think he sounds fantastic on both of those songs and while "Disappear" and "Her Words" are great songs they wouldn't even crack the top 5 on CTTM. "Hold Me Down" alone makes CTTM a fantastic album.

CoffeeEyes17 and Jusscali like this.
  20. vidiviciveni

Trusted

That's alright, you're a Prestigious member, you don't need to explain anything to get likes

21. Thrill Collins

'Fire and Rain' is something else.

22. sosplatano

Regular Supporter

Sounds like 2005 ?? Sold!

23. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I find the songwriting on CTTM kinda annoying, to be honest. I'm not even sure how to explain that statement, really; it could be that I think it sounds dated similarly to Phantoms. IATM is much more so, though.

24. SpyKi

It doesn't sound dated to me because not much really sounds like CTTM. I think the songwriting on that album is so strong.

25. atlas

Trusted

Jusscali and KidLightning like this.