Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Acceptance – Colliding By Design (February 24, 2017) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Elder Lightning, Dec 4, 2016.

1. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

It sounds reaaally 2005-sceney. Not that that's inherently a bad thing, again I probably would've loved it if I had heard it in 2005, but I just didn't find it interesting when I first heard it in 2012.

And yeah the closer on this is really good. So many good tracks on here... hard to pick a favorite. Goodbye easily sticks out as a weak point though.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  2. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

Did you watch the original Power Rangers? Younger me was amazed at the mass destruction of Angel Grove at the end of every episode, currently rewatching the series on Netflix and man, those effects are nothing more than paper and light fire :')

3. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

For me the song is very strong, it's just the "goodddbyyye" part that falls flat. I like more of that song.

Not in love with the closer like most people are, though.

4. Jusscali

2005 or not, In the Cold, Take Cover, and Glory/Us cannot be topped in my heart.

5. I know it's kind of a backwards comparison, but this is very Anhedonia to me.

6. Jusscali

I was going to say I thought it was more of a jump like Ahnedonia to the follow up by The Graduate.

7. Jusscali

73 is such a wonderful surprise. Reminds me the most of The Graduate comparison.

8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Don't know why I didn't think of The Graduate comparison right away, it's very accurate

9. Jusscali

TWO OF MY FAVORITE BANDS BABAAAYY (new day rocks...)

10. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not familiair with The Graduate, which record should i start with?

11. they only have two, might as well go Anhedonia ---> Only Every Time. The latter is my favorite album of this style, I love it so much

12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

They only have two full lengths, do Anhedonia then Only Every Time. I prefer the latter but I'm not sure that's the majority

13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Lol.

14. Jusscali

Holy shit. You're in for it. Both Ahnedonia and Only Every Time (I also love their debut EP The Horror Show) but then after that listen to the two or three releases from The Sun and the Sea (them minus the lead singer - incredibly beautiful)

15. Jusscali

Oh god - I want that reunion.

16. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Waiting until Friday. But all I'm gonna do oh Friday is listen to this album.

Jusscali likes this.
  17. Jusscali

Sunset is a great track.

18. Goodbye reminds me of Tegan and Sara

19. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

Ah great, about to start listening, hope I'm as excited as you all are!

20. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

That's why I love Phantoms so much. I miss 2005 scene pop rock.

So excited to check his out later.

21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I definitely don't, haha. Again, time and place type thing.

22. 73 to the end is pristine

Jusscali likes this.
  23. Lucas27

Trusted

Oh man. This comment excites me greatly for this record because I feel that exact way about Phantoms. I like it, but I wish I'd heard it when it came out. This bodes well for me for the new record.

Petit nain des Îles and FTank like this.
  24. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Well I got into most 2005 music in 2009, ha. Acceptance, Copeland, Mae, Panic, Nightmare of You, Cartel, Anberlin, AAR, Motion City kind of. Very fun year.

25. Lucas27

Trusted

Interestingly, I don't love Phantoms, but 2005 as a whole remains my favorite year for music ever. The Everglow, NTFP, In Motion are all excellent and that's just covering this scene.