Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Acceptance – Colliding By Design (February 24, 2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Elder Lightning, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Wonder how their labelmates over in Knuckle Puck feel about them lifting that "Live in black and white/dream in color" lyric from "True Contrite" haha

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

This song is cool

3. marineal

I'm a huge Fan oF Acceptance, and i consider Phantoms as one oF the greatest pop/punk albums oF the 2000s, but I'm not Feeling the new song. Hope at least their new album has a Few good songs.

4. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

New song is solid, in expecting the album to be even better though. Not really into the album cover but whatever, still very excited to finally have new Acceptance music.

5. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

I don't know I don't think the songs bad but it doesn't sound like Acceptance to me with the vocals drowned out and its subtlety. I don't dislike the song, musically its cool, I'd just never put it on by choice. I hope the rest of the songs are not the same, just vocally more Phantoms or even Black Lines.

6. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Any of the old post-Phantoms demos make it onto this?

7. vidiviciveni

Trusted

The song might be a grower but it doesn't have that immediate hook I'd have expected from Acceptance. Guy still has pipes though so I hope the album is solid.

8. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

Wonder when us pledgers (is that a word?) get a download link, you get the new song instantly when you pre-order on iTunes.

9. Nope. All new stuff.

jkauf likes this.
  10. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Does anyone know when downloads are supposed to go out to pledgers? Or was an early download not part of the pledge campaign?

11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I've never loved Phantoms like everyone else. Time to hit play on this one.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I didn't listen to any of the pre-release tracks. Diagram of a Simple Man sounds like a pretty good opener

13. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

This is great so far, love the 80's music vibe

14. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Not a fan of the production on this at all. Just being honest -- not trying to come across like a d-bag because I know people worked hard on this and others have been waiting for this for a long time.

Jusscali likes this.
  15. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

REALLY like come closer, those Phill Collins-esque drum paterns are awesome

16. sooner518

Regular

The 80s vibe is not surprising at all. that was the way Anberlin was leaning towards the end, so it makes sense that Christian would keep that feel around. And Aaron Sprinkle's new song is even more 80s. So far Im digging this a lot. coliding by Design and Fire and Rain are awesome.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  17. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

The quality of the leak isn't all that great

Jusscali and FTank like this.
  18. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I think it's the leak quality - definitely doesn't sound the best to me but I have a feeling the production is gonna sound great in HQ.

19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

The title track is great, better than anything on Phantoms.

20. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

Fire and rain! Hotdamn

21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Ok, I'm only on track 3 and I really like this. I figured I'd either love this or hate it, and I'm somewhat pleasantly surprised that it's turning out to be the former.

SpyKi likes this.
  22. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah exactly, it's listenable, but the rip is like 128kbps?

23. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, not ideal. I'm still getting a good feel for the production though, lots of cool things going on.

24. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Yeah, I really feel like this needs a HQ listen. There is a lot of shit going on in a lot of the songs. I'm liking the second half of the disk better than the first. Sunset, Haunted, Fire and Rain stand out to me - but this is certainly different than I expected.