Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

AbsolutePunk.net Interview Archive

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

As part of my scene history restoration project, I’ve brought back a variety of historical AbsolutePunk.net interviews.

I’ll update this post as I revive various other artifacts.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

All of these are such a blast from the past. I can remember where I was reading some of these.
    The Andrew McMahon one reminded me of the I Will Fight rubber bracelets AP.net made- I was crushed when mine snapped years later.

anonimito and Jason Tate like this.
  3. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

@Jason Tate This is really cool. I recall us discussing the reasons that you couldn't keep the old site as-is, so it's cool that you were still able to pull some of the content from it. The more the merrier! Like the walks down memory lane.

Is there a place that all this is aggregated? Some kind of tag or something that we can use to find all of the restored content?

4. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

@Jason Tate

Would you be able to publish the interview with Matty Healy?
    That interview was responsible for broadening my music tastes, I'd love to read it again.

5. I'll be bringing back what I can reconstruct or find. I am not sure of everything on there yet.
    This post will be updated with the interviews.

The absolutepunk tag has this post, and Craig and Drew's review posts: AbsolutePunk.net • chorus.fm

6. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

@Jason Tate can you add the publish date or year to the title of the interviews?

7. It’s on all the articles themselves, just like current ones, they were moved to their actual date of publication. Next to the author byline.

8. Matt Chylak

Ah, that's cool. Thanks! Re-reading the Patrick Stump one, holy hell that interview is long.

9. It was two parts at the time too. Crazy long one. (There’s a bug on the site I need to fix but hovering over the date on desktop will give you the full date and post time once I fix it.)

Matt Chylak likes this.
  10. Matt Chylak

Nice! Actually re-reading and remembering this stuff is so crazy. I'm nearly 30 and I've literally been reading/posting on your sites for more than half my life.

Re-reading the FAD review. For some reason, I thought you wrote that back in the day but I definitely don't remember this being your style haha:

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. Heh yeah I didn’t write that one. Tony did. Anything I wrote I kept under my byline (same with other people still around on staff).

Matt Chylak likes this.
  12. StoJa9

Regular

I didn't remember Saosin hating FFTL....lol....damn

13. Fix this bug:

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 11.38.51 AM.png

Hovering over the relative date will give the full hard date of publication.