Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

ABBA Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cshadows2887, Mar 14, 2016.

1. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Top 5 favorite songs -

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)
    S.O.S.
    The Winner Takes It All
    The Day Before You Came
    Lay All Your Love on Me

I do need to listen to more from them but I love what I already listen to from them so much I just don't feel inclined to do so.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  2. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

You made the switch! Welcome, sir. I feel like you are going to be a crucial contributor to talking about classic artist every week

3. secretsociety92

Didn't really have any choice haha and I hope I can be.

4. cshadows2887

Go sub to the thread for it, because I can guarantee you we will be doing Pat Benatar at some point

5. secretsociety92

You could do her and others way better than me judging from this one.

6. cshadows2887

Well that's the thing, I'm going to post the OP every week, but the discussion is everyone's.

7. secretsociety92

I'm sure that would work.

8. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Today was a madhouse, but I'm going to listen to some of their records tomorrow.

9. cshadows2887

Can't wait.

10. I'm listening to ABBA: The Album right now.

I had no idea they were married--then again, my prior knowledge of this band ends at Mamma Mia so

cshadows2887 likes this.
  11. the harmoniesssss

cshadows2887 and Meerkat like this.
  12. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I really hoped you'd enjoy ABBA. To me, they're pure fun.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  13. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I think my favorite discovery from this so far is "Two For the Price of One."

I'm like "wow this guy is so lonely he's imagining Abba advertising a two for one deal on mail order brides. sucks to be him. awesome"

14. yeah, The Album is just an incredibly good time so far.

love how loud "hole in your soul" gets

cshadows2887 and Meerkat like this.
  15. the big shift in the last three songs definitely makes it harder for me to think of this as a complete work, even though I still like the songs a lot. "Thank You for the Music" is the corniest thing but I smiled the whole way through so what does it matter.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  16. cshadows2887

I have to say, I totally get why people think the mini-musical is a pivot, but I never found it to be that jarring. I think the fact that it's set up at the end of the record helps it seem like a closing suite.

But the again I grew up on Coheed and Rush records where there would be a bunch or individual songs and then a multi-part epic at the end, so maybe I'm just immune.

17. cshadows2887

Gave Voulez-Vous a first spin today and it's a blast. They do disco very well. The bass playing in particular is amazing. Especially with it really being the only disco record in their career it's a perfect pocket.

Also gave Super Trouper and Waterloo relistens but I've already posted too much in this thread

18. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

ABBA the Album didn't really grab me. I most enjoyed the songs I was familiar with. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood.

19. George

Trusted Prestigious

Mary V likes this.
  20. Subbed! ABBA are one of the best bands ever. They just bring the biggest smile to my face and watching my sister madly dance and sing along to Dancing Queen on the night before her 18th birthday was awesome. I'll always love them :heart:

21. Inna Selez

Regular

If people around the world will try to make Music World Heritage list there is gonna be a lot of disputes, but ABBA will be added without any discussion.

22. cshadows2887

Whoah. That's huge.

23. cshadows2887

Man "The Winner Takes It All" into "On and On and On" is just an insane back-to-back

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

jordalsh and Mary V like this.