Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Abandoned Pools Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Patterns in Traffic, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Alt-rock band from musician/producer Tommy Walter (ex-Eels). Probably best known for the Clone High theme, the band has released four full-length albums to date: Humanistic (2001), Armed to the Teeth (2005), Sublime Currency (2012), and Somnambulist (2013).

Kickstarter just went live for LP5 and the funding goal was met in a few hours.

Abandoned Pools

2. Lucas27

Trusted

Sublime Currency is such a terrific and underrated record. The follow up is great too and no one talked about it at all.

m9tt and Patterns in Traffic like this.
  3. The first two albums mean a lot to me, admittedly have spent much less time with the more recent two although all four are excellent.

I believe SC and Somnambulist were solo endeavors (first two albums he had a band) and were self-released, so they definitely got less publicity.

Matt504 likes this.

4. First AP album to see a vinyl release (the upcoming album will have vinyl as well). Spent the least amount of time with Somnambulist out of the 4 existing albums but of course had to jump at the chance to add some AP to my collection.

5. @anonimito I made you listen to Armed to the Teeth once upon a time. Get excited

Matt504 and anonimito like this.
  6. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Now you’re not all alone lol

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  7. Matt504 likes this.
  8. cherrywaves

Trusted

First two records were two of my favorites as a teen. The other two were cool as well. Definitely keeping an eye out for new stuff.

9. Just realized I Kickstarted this new album 2.5 years ago!

Now that his work on Clone High is complete, Tommy has been posting snippets of new songs and is going into the studio in late September to finish the album.

10. Also, Sublime Currency vinyl :hearteyes:

Matt504 likes this.
  11. Yessssss

Screenshot_20231129_195833_Instagram.jpg

12. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Looking forward to hearing the new stuff.

Also, I really wish he would release Humanistic on vinyl, but I'm sure there are label issues going on with that.

13. I would flip for Humanistic or Armed to the Teeth on vinyl. He's said he wants to do it, and the other 2 (soon to be 3) albums are coming to vinyl, so I'm hopeful it'll happen eventually.

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  14. T E A L

Regular

I didn't know a new album was on the way. I'm hyped!

15. It's here! Psyched to listen tonight.

16. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

is it gonna be on streaming too?

17. He said "soon." Probably means it's already been submitted or is about to be submitted to streaming services, so I'm guessing it'll be up in the next couple weeks.

WadeCastle likes this.
  18. zhargfoul

mad

oh damn had no idea there was new AP in the works
    wish their debut was on spotify

T E A L likes this.
  19. Might depend where you're located, but he posted a week or two ago that Humanistic should be back on streaming

zhargfoul likes this.
  20. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

IMG_2433.png

It comes up for me (I’m in the states)

21. zhargfoul

mad

it’s not there in Canada :verysad:

23. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

24. Single is up!

trevorshmevor and Matt504 like this.