Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Abandoned Pools Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Patterns in Traffic, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Alt-rock band from musician/producer Tommy Walter (ex-Eels). Probably best known for the Clone High theme, the band has released four full-length albums to date: Humanistic (2001), Armed to the Teeth (2005), Sublime Currency (2012), and Somnambulist (2013).

Kickstarter just went live for LP5 and the funding goal was met in a few hours.

Abandoned Pools

2. Lucas27

Trusted

Sublime Currency is such a terrific and underrated record. The follow up is great too and no one talked about it at all.

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  3. The first two albums mean a lot to me, admittedly have spent much less time with the more recent two although all four are excellent.

I believe SC and Somnambulist were solo endeavors (first two albums he had a band) and were self-released, so they definitely got less publicity.

4. First AP album to see a vinyl release (the upcoming album will have vinyl as well). Spent the least amount of time with Somnambulist out of the 4 existing albums but of course had to jump at the chance to add some AP to my collection.

5. @anonimito I made you listen to Armed to the Teeth once upon a time. Get excited

anonimito likes this.