Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Aaron West & The Roaring Twenties - Routine Maintenance (May 10, 2019) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Anthony_, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

came in to say i am feeling major bruce vibes from this song and i see yall are already on it

i really like this and have not really liked much of other AW stuff so this is cool

2. Anthony_ Mar 30, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 30, 2019)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I was at Dan’s first performance as Aaron and I wasn’t expecting him to be in character so it was, uh, quite the experience lol

3. Anthony_

Craziest part was that I was talking to him by his merch table before he played and it was just like every other time I had met him in the past, but then he got up there and just fully became that character. Really impressive and I respect the hell out of him for committing to it like that.

beachdude and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  4. Like I said, he goes all in.

5. Anthony_

Yeah but you gotta remember, at the time nobody knew what to expect. It was surprising how hard he dives in to the role back then.

beachdude and Carrow like this.
    beachdude, jmitch0906, Joe4th and 4 others like this.
  7. btr

Trusted Supporter

“Just Sign the Papers” is streaming

beachdude, CAC3 and sonder like this.
  8. This album just keeps growing on me

beachdude, CAC3 and Nate_Johnson like this.
  9. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

heartbreaking but catchy af

CAC3 likes this.
  10. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Very, very excited for this album and I feel like the release date is going to sneak up on us. Only really 3 weeks away!

beachdude and Nate_Johnson like this.
  11. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Love the song

12. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Can't tell if you're describing the new song or Dan's entire discography

13. CoffeeEyes17

I think it’s interesting that it sounds like Diane is putting off signing the papers just as much or even more than Aaron. That bridge doesn’t seem to be in quotes so I’m assuming it’s Aaron either saying or thinking those lines

14. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

God I love this story.

15. For sure. The bridge and the title line in particular being from Aaron’s perspective is an interesting twist on my expectations for the song based on the title.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  16. Ben Lee

I would assume track 1 sets the stage of him just wanting to move on, based on this track & Dan saying this record was more uplifting or hopeful, something along those lines.

17. Ben Lee

Also, can we just talk about how I’m 0% a fan of TWY but I love these songs and this story.

18. CoffeeEyes17

Those motherFUCKING dead lilies y’all my day is ruined

19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

20. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

I'm sure it was unintentional but how has no one mentioned how hard the intro to Runnin' sounds like the opener to Desaparecidos' last

bigmike and Danny like this.
  21. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

B938D7D7-82C4-4D21-B54A-CDC4F4FEEC2A.jpeg

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  22. CoffeeEyes17

What a depressing song....I love it.

So Catherine is Aarons sister, he doesn’t speak with her much for fear of messing up her life, he’s got a job painting houses with someone and he’s wore out his welcome with his mom somehow.

Morgan likes this.
  23. btr

Trusted Supporter

Excited to see how the story plays out in his set considering there's a whole album's worth of new songs. Last time I saw him (2016) he literally played the album in full followed by the EP.

24. J12

Trusted Supporter

I love all three songs so god damn much. This album is going to kill me.

25. Very here for this and all of the Asbury Park imagery Dan is putting into it

Morgan likes this.