Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Wilhelm Scream Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. DeRRek

Trusted

This is the track listing

Attached Files:

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  2. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Interesting that Gut Sick was a demo for Career Suicide! Looking forward to hearing these for sure

3. DeRRek

Trusted

Yeah. I feel like it might’ve just been thrown in there for this release though. Haha.

4. thenewmatthewperry

Any chance one of the demos is for a future release?

5. Gut Sick being an older song makes so much sense. Always thought that one kinda stuck out on Partycrasher, and it’s probably my favorite song on the record.

6. Kylee

Regular

The demos are cool to have but Gutsick and Ugly Kid Joe are the only "new" pieces of music. Gutsick is a rougher version of what's on Partycrasher. It ends more abruptly than the studio version. Skid Rock starts a little differently and doesn't have the greasy solo that Mike recorded. Ugly Kid Joe Verses The Volcano is the reason we're all interested in these demos and it delivers exactly what you would expect. I would love to hear a more fleshed out/finished version of this song like they did with Gutsick and Skid Rock.

The other tracks are just rough versions of the songs that made the album and not much more than that. They remind me of live versions, which isn't a bad thing considering how incredible they are live.

FUCK I can't wait for a new album or ep or whatever they finally decide to put out.

7. DeRRek

Trusted

Saw a wilhelm scream live in Glasgow last night. They are unreal! Was a really small venue and was sold out. Crowd were great and setlist was awesome. They killed it as always. Anyone in Europe should be making sure they catch them on this tour. Last night was the first date of the tour as well.

8. thenewmatthewperry Aug 21, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 21, 2019)
    thenewmatthewperry

I hope the fact that A Wilhelm Scream is playing the Blasting Room Anniversary show means they're recording something new at the Blasting Room.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I remember seeing these guys at The Metro in like 03/04 opening for Rise Against. Not only did they blow my head off, but the lead singer was wearing Nike Shox.

10. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

That line-up is so fucking ridiculous. Beyond the top three (which is already an absurdly amazing line-up), Hagfish and Armchair Martian are on my "bucket list" of bands and I haven't seen Audio Karate since Warped Tour 2004. Anyway...

I doubt A Wilhelm Scream is recording at the Blasting Room again (unfortunately). They've been sticking with Trevor's studio and production the last few years. They just have a long history with them and Bill Stevenson absolutely adores them.

11. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Was the Explosion and Most Precious Blood also on that tour?

12. thenewmatthewperry

Revisiting Partycrasher today, not my favorite of theirs but I do love this record front to back

alkalinexandy and smoke4thecaper like this.
  13. Still don’t fuck with Michael Douglas at all, but otherwise Partycrasher is stocked to the brim with bangers

14. thenewmatthewperry

Saw a youtube comment that Trevor indicated they have a bunch of songs in the pipeline and that as of last year they were hoping to release something this year. So maybe...

Also I'm revisiting the self-titled ep, so damn good.

KidLightning and trevorshmevor like this.
  15. Kylee

Regular

I've been keeping up with the podcast interviews Nuno and Trevor have done and as far as I can tell they don't have anything actually recorded yet. Still finishing Trev's studio before recording.

And one of them made reference to Jason Milbank from Senses Fail playing guitar in the band now. He's been filling in live for a while now but it sounded like he was permanent? No idea why Mike Supina left.

16. thenewmatthewperry

17. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

DeRRek likes this.
  18. DeRRek

Trusted

I’m lucky enough to to have mute print on yellow and ruiner on purple. Both represses.

19. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I have Mute Print on yellow as well. Missed out on Ruiner when that one rolled around, though.

DeRRek likes this.
  20. DeRRek

Trusted

Haha. I was in Australia travelling when ruiner was released. Bought it and had it delivered to my house in Scotland haha. Even managed to see them live while I was in Australia. Unreal!

21. Kylee

Regular

Represses are cool and all, but how about some new music. It's been 8 years!

22. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

The two aren't really mutually exclusive, haha. A repress by another record label isn't holding up new music...

I'd settle for a simple update about whether or not the band is actively writing behind the scenes. My assumption is always a "yes," but I also think not being on the road at all probably put a damper on that for them.

23. Kylee

Regular

Never said that a repress was holding up the new music. I was just complaining!

Last I heard they had lots of songs written and were ready to record at Trevor's new studio he took years to build. Fingers crossed for new music in 2021.

24. DeRRek

Trusted

Ruiner tease too now.

25. thenewmatthewperry

hollly shit

DeRRek likes this.