Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Wilhelm Scream Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Fuck. One of the few times I envy the east coast.

DeRRek and trevorshmevor like this.
  2. muttley

Totally missed Such Gold on the bill. It's worse than I thought.:verysad:

trevorshmevor and DeRRek like this.
  3. DeRRek

Trusted

Well, I've managed to get tickets for the Brooklyn date in October. Can't wait. Unfortunately I can't get the tickets sent out to me as I live in Scotland but thankfully you can collect them on the day at venue so had to choose that option. Far too excited for this. I've seen AWS in Australia and Glasgow and they never disappoint. Roll on 20th October!!!!!!!

trevorshmevor and muttley like this.
  4. muttley

@DeRRek thats going to be an awesome trip!

DeRRek likes this.
  5. DeRRek

Trusted

Thank you. Yeah, definitely. They are in my top 3 bands ever! I have ruiner album cover tattooed on my arm too. Haha. I've never been to New York or anywhere in the U.S. for that matter. 30th seemed like as good a time as any to go over and AWS announcing this "career suicide tour" is what has swung the dates that my girlfriend and I will be coming out. Haha. Thankfully it's my 30th and not hers as I don't think she'd have been as keen on coming to see AWS with me.

muttley likes this.
  6. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

I love this band.

I'm hoping for a new record next year.

7. thenewmatthewperry

Summoning @KidLightning
    I revisited Mute Print today, great debut! What is everyone’s favorite AWS release?

KidLightning and DeRRek like this.
  8. Career Suicide, can’t go wrong with any of them though

9. DeRRek

Trusted

It’s a toss up between ruiner and career suicide for me. I do have ruiner tattooed on my arm though so I guess that wins by default, haha

10. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

career suicide deffo, at this point i like partycrasher more than ruiner. couldn't get much into mute print

DeRRek likes this.
  11. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Career Suicide is mine, one of my favorite albums of all time.

I need to revisit Mute Print soon. For some reason I never go back to it, it's always Ruiner and on for me.

12. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I love them all, but I think Ruiner is my #1 with Mute Print at #2. And PartyCrasher at #3. Those are all near-perfect records with no real filler. Career Suicide is a great release, but there's a few clunkers in there toward the end so I'd throw it at #4.

The Way to a Girl's Heart... is fun in a "sloppy, 90s pop-punk" sorta way. The Benefits of Thinking Outloud has some great songs, but the jump they took from there to Mute Print makes it an absolute non-contender in the discussion...

13. Elder Lightning

Interested to know which songs you think are clunkers on CS.

14. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Jaws 3, People 0: This song has always felt like a bunch of great ideas thrown together that just don't gel together well. It's too chaotic to be memorable, in my opinion.

Our Ghosts: Forgettable. It's very straight-forward, which AWS can pull off ridiculously well when they want to, but it just doesn't work here... The hook tries, but doesn't quite get there.

Cold Slither II: Just super weak compared to most other songs in their discography.

Mind you, I'm comparing this to the other songs on that same record (and their discography as a whole) so the bar is really high. And it's also partially skewed by the presence of "Rout 40 One Six" and "The I Hate ____ Club" b-sides, which could be subbed out for any of those tracks and make for a better, more cohesive/flowing record for me.

15. DeRRek

Trusted

Can we just count “diver” as an album because that song is so fucking good?!

16. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I would kill for a "proper" version of that song (i.e., a digital release versus a vinyl rip).

That song is one of the best in their entire discography. Top 10 for me, easily.

DeRRek likes this.
  17. DeRRek

Trusted

Oh. Without a doubt. I do have 2 copies of it on vinyl. It’s so good!

alkalinexandy likes this.
  18. Kylee

Regular

I have a digital rip of that EP...not sure what exactly you're referring to.

My favorite album would be Career Suicide and I would have to say it's probably my favorite album of all time by any band. Got to see them play it front to back in Baltimore back in Oct. I'm still excited about that night.

DeRRek likes this.
  19. muttley

Partycrasher is my go-to, with Career Suicide a close second.

DeRRek likes this.
  20. DeRRek

Trusted

I was referring to the diver 7” and that’s amazing. I sw them play it front to back in Brooklyn in October. Best night ever! I even managed to get a photo with the band before they played. I just happened to bump into them on the street on the way to the venue, haha. Perfect. I got Brian’s setlist too.

21. DeRRek

Trusted

A wilhelm scream announcing a date at Glasgow has made my night. Already got my ticket. Love that band!

KidLightning likes this.
  22. thenewmatthewperry

Has anyone received their 10 Year CS repressing and had a chance to listen to the "black and blue" demos?

DeRRek and KidLightning like this.
  23. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Really need a new album from these guys. Partycrasher is good but it was so long between albums that it didn’t fully scratch my Wilhelm itch

24. Elder Lightning

I got mine but haven’t listened to the demos yet.

25. DeRRek

Trusted

Yes. I have. It’s really good.

thenewmatthewperry likes this.