Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Wilhelm Scream Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

A Wilhelm Scream (abbreviated as AWS) is a melodic hardcore band from New Bedford, Massachusetts formed in 1999. Many people have referenced Strung Out, Hot Water Music, Propagandhi, and Strike Anywhere as the band's similar artists. Their name is a reference to the Wilhelm scream, a famous stock sound effect which is mainly used in films. The band previously went by the names Smackin' Isaiah, Koen, and Adam's Crack, though the former was the only name to be used in any major release. The reason for the name changes "from Koen to Smackin' Isaiah to A Wilhelm Scream was really a matter of them adding new members, and progressing/maturing as a band"

2. Sophos

Regular

i love this band

muttley and schlotty like this.
  3. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Shred central.

4. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

With the rise of Chorus.fm I've decided to dive into bands that I've neglected over the years that I've always meant to explore. Where should I start with A Wilhelm Scream?

5. beggars05

I'd say start with Career Suicide. It's their best album (imo) and it's a little more immediate then some of the other albums. Though if you are going to like the band, there's really no bad place to start!

6. Don't they have an EP or LP coming out this year?

7. cherrywaves

Trusted

The bass work on Career Suicide is insane. Criminally underrated band

muttley likes this.
  8. muttley

Been waiting for them to come back to AZ for a while.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  9. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

I've been spinning this album in the car at your recommendation and I can't thank you enough.

10. beggars05

I've actually been listening to it as well! As mentioned above the bass on this album is insane. I just bought tickets to see them in August. Can't wait!

11. Hope there's something in the works for a follow up to Partycrasher. The last wait was 6 years and from the outside in the trajectory appears to be similar this time around too haha

12. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

At least they're touring - but another record in 2017 would be very nice of them :-):thumbup:

Really stoked to see them in December. They pack in so much energy to their shows.

13. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

The King is Dead is one of the best opening tracks I can think of. Such a perfect intro.

kyle likes this.
  14. Two AZ dates added to the spring tour (yessssss)

3/16 - San Francisco, CA @ Bottom Of The Hill
    3/17 - Costa Mesa, CA @ OC Fair & Event Center
    3/18 - San Diego, CA @ Brick By Brick
    3/19 - Las Vegas, NV @ Beauty Bar
    3/21 - Prescott, AZ @ Lyzzards
    3/22 - Phoenix, AZ @ Rebel Lounge

Definitely hitting up Rebel, might make that drive up to Prescott as well.

muttley likes this.
  15. muttley

Fuck yes! So glad I don't have to go to San Diego to see them.

16. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

this band is too good to keep releasing stuff only once in a blue moon

Jake Z likes this.
  17. Just realized a may not be able to make the Phoenix date -- turns out Yellowcard decided to reschedule their final stop for that date. Sucks because I feel like I complain every time they tour and don't come to AZ haha. Will try for Prescott and hope the venue sounds half as decent as Rebel.

18. muttley

Good thing they had Prescott, though! Does Rebel have good sound?

19. Truth. In all my time in AZ I don't think I've heard of a band going through Prescott, so I'm curious what the turnout will be like haha. Rebel has the same sound system as Crescent I believe, if it's not then it's just as good. Only complaint about that venue is the stage is kinda low, so if you're not pretty close for a packed show it's hard to see much.

20. Yo @muttley I think I'm gonna head up Prescott for this. Do you want my Rebel ticket?

21. muttley

Just bought mine last week! Thanks, though man. Too bad both shows are in the middle of the week, otherwise I'd aim for both.

22. muttley

I wound up staying home last night. This is exactly why I always hesitate to buy tickets in advance - I never know what the day is going to be like.

On the bright side, AWS has my money.

23. Prescott show was something else. Drove an hour and a half to get to a dirt road that took in me into the middle of the pitch black desert where there was a small structure that they played in to like 20-30 people. Definitely one of the more unique experiences I've had at a show, but people were really into it and you could tell the band had a fun time despite the low turnout.

24. muttley

That sounds fucking awesome.

25. DeRRek

Trusted

just announced. Was gutted to see there are only a few US dates considering that I live in the UK but it just so happens that my girlfriend and I are planning on going to New York for my 30th this year. I turn 30 in September but willing to hold off until October just to see career suicide played in full. Haha. Need to convince my girlfriend to come with but shouldn't be a problem as it is my 30th :)