Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Tribe Called Quest - We Got It From Here, Thank You for Your Service (November 11, 2016) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

With this and Lemonade, gotta give shouts to Jack White for diversifying where he contributes

2. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

i would have laughed in your face if you told me a year ago that jack white would be on two of the best albums of the year

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  3. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

the jack white feature on lemonade is okay but he just should not of sang on that track imo

4. JordanB

Head in the oven

This makes me feel no ways at all about blowing friends' minds when I say Phife is the worst loss for me rather than Bowie or Prince, etc. And like most I pretty much adore every single artist that died this year.

5. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I havent posted in here yet so let me just give rapid fire thoughts. Tribe are proooobably my favorite hip hop/jazz rap group and this album is right behind Low End Theory for me. Also I love Beats and Love Movement more than most.

AndrewSoup, ChiliTacos and OotyPa like this.
  6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Big Quint is the only reviewer that matters to me

suicidesaints likes this.
  7. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah, I assumed with how tight Jarobi and Tip sounded on the album that they'd release something else, maybe under a new moniker. Maybe add Busta

9. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

yeah i would probably think a new name is for the best.

10. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I may be in my Bowie plotting his demise mindset, but reading that, coupled with Phife titling the album as he did, makes me think he wanted ATCQ to continue.

11. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

late to this but it's so so good.

12. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

ayyy, just found this has a thread; this just may be my favorite album of 2016. it just keeps getting better and better with every listen.
    the production is just immaculate

sophos34 likes this.
  13. I think this album is just ok. I definitely don't like it as much as I was expecting.

14. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

this is seriously amazing. Tip, Phife, Busta, and Jarobi going back and forth on their bars is just so good (and i really liked Busta Rhymes on here, haven't heard him in a minute)

and i am SO hyped on the idea of them continuing on in some or any fashion

suicidesaints likes this.
  15. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

danny's new album prompted me to listen to this again today. soooo amazing. i don't think i've really listened to much since it released - shame on me.

The Lucky Moose and aoftbsten like this.
  16. riotspray Oct 6, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 7, 2019)
    riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Shame on me as well. Too much stuff keeps coming out. But I need to revisit this because I remember being blown away when it dropped. Though there was a lot of anticipation.

17. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

this is one of the best albums of the decade and probably the best you could ask for in a "comeback" / "return" album imo

it's kind of insane to me that it turned out this well

18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I went through all of their albums for the first time when this came out so I don't really have any nostalgia attached to any of them, and I think this is their best album

19. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Incredible album

Aregala likes this.
  20. PauLo

43% Burnt

Came back to this this year and it's a hell of a lot better than I remember on first listen. I don't think I gave it the time it deserved. TBH I've never given Tribe the time they deserves before this year. I've always enjoyed them, but never properly listened to full projects, only individual songs. But man. They really are untouchable.

21. abcdefg123

Regular

My favorite albums will always be The Low End Theory and Midnight Marauders but this one definitely still holds up. Could be my third favorite.