Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Thread for Marketers • Page 2

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by EntryLevelDave, May 3, 2016.

1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

2. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Haha that was a really good ad. Also the social game between teams leading up to the draft was so good.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  3. YellowChevy

Depending on what type of business do you have or intend to venture with. Marketing or basically the campaigns may start before and during your brand launch. There were also several ways, techniques and tools one can use in order to gain customer or buyer awareness. Nowadays, the most popular avenue to market your brand is the social media but print, electronic and other mediums can likewise grip audiences to grow your market.:-)

EntryLevelDave likes this.
  4. The Lucky Moose

Denny's has Twitter beef with Diplo hahahah

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  5. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I do e-mail marketing and design for some e-commerce sites. Our business is seasonal, so the amount that I've been on these forums lately is just ridiculous.

6. MidDave

I do social media for a bunch of small businesses, but they take forever to approve stuff so here I stay.

7. MidDave

Also Denny's social team is so fun. They had a day where they just kept doing Brand New lyrics about Dennys.

8. MidDave

Anyone ever heard of something called Acquisio? I'm in an all day meeting with them today. All. Day.

9. The Lucky Moose

This is true. LL was also an early investor and part owner of FUBU at the time, which makes this even funnier.

10. MidDave

Hah, that's rad. GAP must have been PISSED when they figured it out.

11. The Lucky Moose

Maybe, but maybe the commercial still worked for them too, hah.

12. The Lucky Moose

I'm having some fun at "work"

13. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Have you ever woken up and been like...I absolutely hate marketing wtf have I done with my life? That's where I'm at.

Proofreading/editing will be such a huge pay cut but it's the only thing I really like doing. Need to get back to it.

Shakriel and The Lucky Moose like this.
  14. The Lucky Moose

Enjoing marketing is very dependent on who you work for/what you work on I think

15. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Yeah as I sit here sifting through job postings...they're all preeetty much the same. I've been working on getting an internship with a dispensary here (California), because I want to move into the legal cannabis industry. It's the only thing that really interests me that I'd want to help sell. Those jobs right now are few and far between though. But man do my eyes glaze over, so many "marketing rock stars" wanted lolol

16. The Lucky Moose

Marketing rock stars lmao

BirdPerson likes this.
  17. MidDave

I love my job 85% of the time, and the other 15% are when i hear terms like "ideate, optimize, revolutionize, big picture, etc..." Buzzword Bingo is my favorite game.

18. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Leverage, synergy

19. MidDave

Omg...synergy is the WOOOOORST. I work with a few consultants who like, shiver if they don't have an "ize" in the sentence.

The Lucky Moose and BirdPerson like this.
  20. The Lucky Moose

My meaningless buzzzword game was strong in business school, it can really improves your grades lmao

21. MidDave

In an unrelated note, I finally understand VLookups.

22. The Lucky Moose Feb 3, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 4, 2018)
    The Lucky Moose

I've been working hard on this. Would love some honest feedback. The new website: www.fifteentwenty.eu

EDIT: There used to be a different Tweet here. I deleted it because there was a dumb mistake in it.

23. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

I think it looks pretty clean and easy to navigate since it's just a couple pages. The links over the main header image get kind of lost initially with all the white in the image. Could use stronger calls-to-action at the end of each section and maybe like a contact form/page via some obvious button.

Then like optimize the metadata for SEO.

24. MidDave

Just saw this...will look in the morning.

25. The Lucky Moose

Firs of all, thanks for all your feedback. I'm aware of this, but the thing is I'm not evwn sure I want them there, I just haven't figured out how to turn them off, haha.

*shivers*