Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Struggling ESPN Lays Off Many On-Air Personalities • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 26, 2017.

1. ARo24

Regular

Stark really surprised me he's great. But I had to chuckle when I saw Trent Dilfer on the list he's awful haha.

2. Fuck and Mark Saxon AND Jim Bowden?? I almost exclusively read baseball stuff so I guess I'll be finding a new home.

Saxon was the Cardinals' beat writer and he was fucking fantastic so his firing actually sucks the most for me.

3. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

"You can't lose games and expect to win games"

He really said that on ESPN

4. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Curious to see if Scott Van Pelt says anything about all this on tonight's SportsCenter. He's one of the few remaining at ESPN that I actually really like.

5. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Crawford, Werder, Stark, Elmore, Bowden. All bummers. I assume Andrew Marchand is still there to find everything negative about the Yankees he can though

6. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Haven't paid much attention to ESPN since they stopped giving a shit about hockey after the 04-05 NHL lockout.

carlosonthedrums likes this.
  7. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

Dilfer may have said dumb things at times, but he was a solid color guy. Would rather listen to him than majority of the other color guys ESPN uses for football. But then again, they have a lot of really bad color guys for football

8. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I'm never happy when someone loses his job. And before I tease him a bit, I do hope Dilfer finds new work.

But I'll never forget him saying the Patriots dynasty was dead and they were a weak time. That quote happened two Super Bowl wins ago.

9. grimis16

Regular

In my eyes, Cold Pizza back in 2007 is the moment I pin point to the downfall. The lame wanna-be hip commentary. I started to notice that piece of shit Skip Bayless. Ugh. Now it's Stephen A. Smith who I hate the most. That's also when they started to go away from reporting sports, and try to be a "sports TMZ".

10. jrock920

Regular

skip bayless is the death of good sports talk on tv lol