Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Star Is Born (Bradley Cooper, October 5, 2018) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 6, 2018.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

some things I've been thinking about
    I know The Shallow is that song but if you were at a concert and someone sang a song you'd never heard with some random woman you wouldn't cheer, same with when Ally, a backup singer, gets a solo during the encore (!!!!), I know people are told to cheer when they film movies but everyone knows you're merely polite for new songs or when they give the backup singers the spotlight

Also I wish Ally's solo career got more, like I wanted that moment in That Thing You Do when they hear the song on the radio, she got to be wow I'm on stage and wow living my best life room service breakfast in a robe but less of that for her songs

also how did we not hear the iconic bop Why Did You Do That until it was on SNL, and it's implied maybe Jackson hadn't heard it before which what, was she getting radio play/music video streams, I don't know she's just magically on the SNL finale with her first record

2. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

yo, this fucken movie rules

jorbjorb and Aregala like this.
  3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

My parents loved this too. And they each got a poster of the film. Now my mom's texting me a bunch of questions about Gaga lol

4. primavera

ugh i had to pee during the scene between jackson and bobby in the driveway. apparently it was great??? ughhh

jkauf likes this.
  5. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

god level from ur boi Sam Elliott

beachdude, Mrplum5089, jkauf and 3 others like this.
  6. primavera

imagine dropping like at least $100 to see an artist you like and him being like hey i’m gonna play a song i’ve never played before with someone you’ve never heard of during the encore

you’d be on your way to the parking lot for real

beachdude, Donnie Ruth, jkauf and 2 others like this.
  7. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

Phew boy who knew Cooper had this kind of directing eye??

Gaga was terrific. Dave and Dice Clay as well.

Felt a little off around the midde but the beginning and end make up for it.

Seems like a lock for awards season.

primavera likes this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

9. primavera

i wasn't sure the first hour if it was set in los angeles or nashville but the motorcycle ride from the house to arizona makes me pretty much 100 that it's LA

10. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Everything happening for Ally seemed to go by so quickly, then I found out that within the timeline of the movie, the Grammy Awards occur only 11 days after she first meets Jackson.

jordalsh likes this.
  11. primavera

wait what

no

there’s a zero percent chance this is true

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

It would take at least that long just to finalize her record contract I'm pretty sure

13. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, that can't possibly be true.

14. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Yeah, there's gotta be a few months to a year between her meeting him and the Grammys. The nominees are announced several months before the ceremony, and to be considered she would have had to have put out something a few months before that.

15. Jake Gyllenhaal

Yea, I'm just joshin'.

16. drewinseries

Drew

When he gave the dog the steak dinner I was really holding them back.

Drewski and jkauf like this.
  17. Jake Gyllenhaal

During the whole run-up towards it I was thinking, "naw, they're not gonna go this dark" and wondered if that's how the 1970s version was but looked up the synopsis of that and wasn't the case

18. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Yeah, the shot with the dog outside the garage door nearly got me.

Donnie Ruth, jkauf and Mrplum5089 like this.
  19. primavera

20. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

that hard cut from Ally's big last performance to Jackson showing her the song for the first time was stunning Both main performances were truly great, but all the praise for Chappelle made me think he was gonna have a much bigger part in this.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  21. Jake Gyllenhaal

I totally forgot he was in it until he showed up

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Dave was in it for shorter than the aah in The Shallow

23. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I tried to undercut his performance before but I just saw it again and fuck that. Cooper is fucking great.

stayillogical likes this.
  24. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Also I’m surprised at what a good directorial eye he has.

Jake Gyllenhaal and primavera like this.
  25. primavera

it me

Aregala, JRGComedy and jordalsh like this.