Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Star Is Born (Bradley Cooper, October 5, 2018) Movie • Page 14

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 6, 2018.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That’s not the point! I can see the cracks! Lol.

Sam Elliott can definitely get literally wherever he wants, that’s a fact. I also think Jackson’s insane level of fame and the fact that he’s now managing Willie would mean that he has way more connections than we see in the film.

Also I was expecting more of a “Snowpiercer is a sequel to Willy Wonka” video, but this was funny. The Remember Me part killed me.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Shallow may also be the #1 single

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  3. Seeing the Encore cut tonight at 9:20. Cant wait.

4. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

saw the encore. third time in theatres. tried real hard to not ball my eyes out

5. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

you'd be surprised at how easy this actually is

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Mrplum5089, Ken, aoftbsten and 2 others like this.
  7. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Gonna have to rip the audio for that one. That song has always reminded me of Eddie Veder.

8. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Cooper said he based Jackson off of Vedder

aoftbsten likes this.
  9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen Mar 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 4, 2019)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

12. Jake Gyllenhaal

13. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Finally saw this last night by myself and balled my eyes out at the end. Wasn’t familiar with the earlier versions of this story so yeah, the ending completely got me unexpectedly. At first I was mad as hell, but after a few minutes I was back in the film for the duration.

14. Jake Gyllenhaal

15. Finally had a chance to see this ... loved every minute of it. Mad at myself for waiting so long to give it a watch.

phaynes12 likes this.
  16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i fucking love this movie

17. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

finally convinced my gf to watch this. thought it was super 'okay'. It was what I expected, which is fine, but based on the critical response I was expecting more. Felt more like a musical than anything else. Cooper was good in this.

18. username

hey you lil piss baby

It.... is a musical

19. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Actually I didnt know that going in. Because as a movie I thought it was pretty corny at times...and since everyone pushed it as this great movie I thought that's what was going.

It wasnt bad but I didnt really fall in love with cooper/gaga as a couple and their chemistry... didnt really grasp the message or what they were going for... just felt it was rather basic of a movie.

With that said I'd still give it a B.. 7.5/10

20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Something being a musical doesn’t preclude it from being a great film......

And it works best as a tragedy about how toxic fame can be in multiple directions, so not falling in love with the couple or viewing it as just a straight up romance is fine. Their relationship was incredibly depressing to me for the whole film, which just added to the story for me. It was much more critical of that kind of narrative than a lot of other films.

21. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Girlfriend and I are spending our Saturday night bawling on the couch after watching it for the first time.

stayillogical likes this.
  22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Ha, I also watched this last night on HBO. Showed it to my mom who was destroyed by it. She’s seen the other versions but aspects of this just got to her on another level.

Jack was much more sympathetic watching it a second time. I still love how they don’t portray him as a perfect person or true romantic, but I was rooting for them a bit more than I did in the theater. The cut at the end to him singing at the piano hit me even harder too. One of my favorite parts. And my poor baby Sam Elliott crying did me in again.

23. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Looks like we all had nights in with sobbing girlfriends (or moms!) watching this. Surprised neither my gf or myself hadn’t seen it before, but we both really enjoyed it. Jack’s dog sitting outside the garage got me bc I feel like it’s what my own dog would do, and I’m a softy when it comes to that stuff anyway.

All in all, solid film with a series of great performances all-around. Music is wonderful too; made me finally add it to my Apple Music. Pretty rad to see Jason Isbell’s skills be put to good use.

chewbacca110 and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  24. GBlades

Trusted

Was watching some music show, top 50 songs in movies, and I'll Never Love Again came on. This film, its music, its cast, its entire being is absolutely spectacular.

25. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

rewatched this the other night and it fucking rips, man. what a movie.

Brother Beck, ECV, bobby_runs and 2 others like this.