Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Star Is Born (Bradley Cooper, October 5, 2018) Movie • Page 13

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 6, 2018.

1. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Finally got around to seeing this. Really loved it. Had no idea it was gonna be so dark (I was completely ignorant to the original/past remakes).

3. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Yup, watched it with my wife last night for the first time too and we were blown away.

ncarrab and nohandstoholdonto like this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Maybevictor likes this.
  5. I didn't love this.

aoftbsten likes this.
  6. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

7. I also didn't hate it!

aoftbsten likes this.
  8. Jake Gyllenhaal

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

10. Jake Gyllenhaal

:crylaugh: Hangin' with Mr. Cooper :verysad:

11. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Lady Gaga Noises

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I found myself getting heated at some of the criticism they chose to go with, but the Shallow parody brought me back in.

Also I absolutely choose which movies to support based on whether or not Sam Elliott says the f word in them. I AM THE TARGET MARKET.

13. eight30

Regular

I saw this over the weekend and was not blown away as many people are in here and around work. I just don't think I am a fan of Bradley Cooper.

14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve never really been a fan of his either, but I found this to be one of the most complete characters he’s ever done. I think I prefer him in this kind of muddy/challenging/problematic kind of role much more than straight up leading man.

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I think Bradley did a good job making Jackson sympathetic, especially because I just realized that irl Jackson would just be R**n *d*ms taking advantage of a younger artist and telling her music sucks and she's ugly without the sweeter moments

16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I think in the story he’s presented as that as well. The scenes where he’s stalking her and forcing her to come with him are SO tense, they don’t portray it as a beautiful romantic gesture. That’s one of the things I loved most about it.

He did come across as a full person with a truly tragic story of course, but the comparisons to these kind of abusive men are a huge part of the message. That he wasn’t TOTALLY insufferable is absolutely a testament to Cooper’s ability.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  17. me, an idiot, watched this for the first time tonight while my wife 1850 miles away!!! I definitely didn't cry and text her a bunch of times right afterwards!!!! Nope not me!

primavera, chewbacca110, ECV and 3 others like this.
  18. jorbjorb

7 rings

Ya this was the best movie of 2018.

[​IMG]

oncenowagain likes this.
  19. Watched this again last night. I think this is my favorite movie. Third time, it still gets me.

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

jorbjorb likes this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

23. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

When I have the hat on, I’m the boy

24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Five minutes in and I’m livid at Sam Elliott being called a roadie. How can I take this supposed masterpiece of a theory seriously??

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

even if he's a manager I'm not sure the artist's husband's manager can just waltz into SNL either haha