Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Star Is Born (Bradley Cooper, October 5, 2018) Movie • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 6, 2018.

1. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

“if it’s nominated” lol

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

3. primavera

that would be wild. jack’s actually not a horrible actor, though it’s been a while since he’s been in a movie. i can’t imagine it being as good as this though

4. Jake Gyllenhaal

He was great in Walk Hard

5. primavera

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Jack would probably think Jackson was right unlike Bradley Cooper who was super sensitive

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

8. primavera

oh yeah

9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I liked but didn't love this. There were some incredible moments like the Shallows scene, the hanging scene (it feels very weird to love a scene like that, but it was so well done haha), the Never Love Again scene with that cut. And I loved all the songs. But overall, I never fully connected with it. Maybe it's because I was ridiculously tired when I watched it though.

Also, I couldn't understand 50% of what Bradley Cooper was saying. Dude was harder to understand than Bane.

Zilla likes this.
  10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Ugh I really wanted to see this in theaters but I think at this point I may as well just wait for VOD

11. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Music was great, Gaga was good, storyline was almost good, the editing/sequencing(?) felt way off. There were at least three points in the movie where I felt like I'd missed something, like they had removed scenes from the movie that should have stayed in - it just didn't feel entirely coherent after the first act. Certain plot points felt waaay rushed. For me it was still worth watching for the songs, which carried like 99% of the emotional weight of the movie imo. 6/10 for me, worth watching once but probably wouldn't see it again.

12. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

a dvdrip leaked if you want to search around for it.

tdlyon likes this.
  13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Hell yeah thanks man

14. Kate

Trusted

Am I the only person that absolutely hated this?

15. Jake Gyllenhaal

Yes

16. Kate

Trusted

17. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Wow. Blown away by this.

18. Morrissey

Trusted

This was fine. It never really strayed from formula, but the movie deserves credit for avoiding the types of histrionic scenes I expected to see and allowing the characters to express their emotions naturally. The main character was the hardest to understand since Bane in 2012.

jkauf, aoftbsten and OhTheWater like this.
  19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Can't stop thinking about this movie. Watched it at home last night, but going to go see it in theaters this weekend before it leaves so I can really appreciate the audio. And because I just really wanna watch this again, which is very rare for me to want to do so soon after seeing a movie.

20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

How did you watch it at home? Legally?

21. Jake Gyllenhaal

Movie piracy is NOT a victimless crime!

22. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

DVD Screener

tdlyon likes this.
  23. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I really didn't expect to like this movie as much as I did. Some really heavy parts and the cast was absolutely fantastic. A lot of stuff really hit home.

24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Shallow nominated for Song of the Year grammy

25. Jake Gyllenhaal

And Record of the Year