Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Song of Ice and Fire (George R.R. Martin) Book • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Garrett, Mar 17, 2016.

1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

All the crazyness of last week, George gave a small update on Winds progress.

Breaking: it's not done. But I thought it was interesting he said he got a lot done in June/July, slowed down in Aug/Sep, and is pickup steam again now. Get to that finish like George. Lockdown Part 2 is upon us.

local_corn likes this.
  2. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

I know its been said to death, but its impossible to be excited for anything Winds progress wise considering theres at MINIMUM one other book after and nothing will get concluded for realistically like 15 years if ever at all

Victor Eremita and TSLROCKS like this.
  3. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

But that also assumes he’s not working on the final book as well.

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I just want some news on Elden Ring at this point tbh

5. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Oh, come the fuck on.

6. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Not sure what the big deal is

morgantayler likes this.
  7. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

He could’ve been writing instead of talking to jack antonoff!

coleslawed and TJ Wells like this.
  8. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

9. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

sigh

would that I had never wandered into that used book store in 2010 and discovered the first book

CarpetElf likes this.
  10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

On one hand I am super happy that we’re basically getting the Westeros Cinematic Universe on HBO, because I love all the stories we’ve gotten from that world.

On the other hand I’d really like to read the complete ASOIAF lol

Youarcade and CarpetElf like this.
  11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

*"It is finished" is trending*

Me: Oh shit! Winds of Winter!?

David87 likes this.
  12. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

13. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

Crazy how it's been ten years since Dance came out

14. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Yeah and I was the only who attended the midnight release. I got there like two hours early only to see people show up right at midnight to buy the book. The employee gave me a ASoIaF calendar because I think he felt bad for me

David87 and CarpetElf like this.
  15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

my reaction to seeing this thread bumped is whatever the opposite of the relieved Denzel gif would be haha

16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

[​IMG]

David87 likes this.
  17. williek311

[​IMG]

Victor Eremita, David87 and Youarcade like this.
  18. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

Sorry y'all lol I've just been getting into asoiaf again

David87 likes this.
  19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

A920149A-765A-4928-A215-654216FED4E3.jpeg

Youarcade and theagentcoma like this.
  20. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

***No Winds is not finished! Sorry for the bump but figured this probably belongs here more than the House of the Dragon show thread***

just saw that George did a big update on all his projects on March 9th on his not a blog. Mentioned still working on Winds of course, and also mentioned he has a few hundred pages of fire and blood pt 2 done, but also talked about all the TV shows going on. The main 3 he’s seemingly helping develop are THE SEA SNAKE, TEN THOUSAND SHIPS, and KNIGHT OF THE SEVEN KINGDOMS. Sounds like each dunk n egg story is gonna get its own season. Tbh Corlys is cool AF but I’d almost rather see a similar show about Lomas Longstrider? I feel like he saw more of the world than Corlys did? Still not super excited about Nymeria’s story, other than it should let us see Sothoryos.

He also confirmed that one of the animated shows in development would be centered on Yi Ti. That would be interesting, though I’m not sure if I’d like it as much as I would enjoy seeing it through the eyes of outsiders. Part of what makes Yi Ti so cool is how mysteriously little we seem to know about it in the world of Westeros and Essos.

21. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

***NO NOT THE UPDATE YOURE LOOKING FOR***

but still an…interesting one none the less.
    https://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2022/07/08/a-winter-garden/

This feels like he’s either getting close to finishing the book and is getting antsy about it/the reception it will get, or he definitely just killed someone off in whatever Tyrion chapter he’s working on/just got a new idea in his “garden” that’s gonna kill off a fan favorite character or alter the ending in some way and he ended up spiraling after that and had to get it off his chest lol

TomG and theagentcoma like this.
  22. williek311

Protect George!

23. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh no

24. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

theagentcoma likes this.
  25. David87

Prestigious Prestigious