Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Song of Ice and Fire (George R.R. Martin) Book • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Garrett, Mar 17, 2016.

1. David87 Jun 13, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 13, 2020)
    David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm seriously going to have to re-read the last couple of books. I started re-reading Feast and got bogged down/have just not been a productive reader thanks to the internet. Gotta do that and Dance again before Winds comes.

local_corn and CarpetElf like this.
  2. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Yeah I was thinking I need to find something to read to kind of refresh where we’re at. So much of the book and show hav commingled in my mind it can be tough to discern what did and didn’t happen.

I do know I have time to reread them all though lol

David87 likes this.
  3. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

If it gets announced I will attempt a re read

theagentcoma likes this.
  4. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I've already started a re-read, two hundred pages into Thrones atm. It's INSANE how this is basically just the first season of the show. They changed almost nothing.

5. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah when I finally read them, the first book is almost shot for shot the first season. Of course they robbed of us Ned’s dream...

CarpetElf and TJ Wells like this.
  6. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

It's actually kinda genius, a good way to both get book readers into the show and show watchers into the books.

David87 and CarpetElf like this.
  7. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

George updated his not a blog with a specific update on TWOW and I’ve been trying to click on it since 11:30 and can’t get through, I’m guessing because the traffic is crashing his site lol

8. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

He basically said he’s writing it and finishing chapters and hopes to have it done and released next year.

David87 likes this.
  9. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

man, not getting a 2020 release of this is a bummer

10. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

So the same god damn thing he's been saying for 11 years

smowashere, RJ Knorr, David87 and 2 others like this.
  11. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It'll come when it comes. Or it won't. I've given up on being hopeful for it and I recommend everyone else do the same tbh.

Youarcade likes this.
  12. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

I'm still hopeful that this comes out but I've pretty much resigned to the fact that he likely won't finish the series. He'll be 72 when WoW (supposedly) comes out, like is he still going to be writing when he's 80 years old?

13. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

And like, tbh, there are so many other, better high fantasy series out there to read.

theagentcoma likes this.
  14. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Holy hell it's already almost been a decade since ADwD

15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

2011 right? Goddamn.

Imagine how many people started reading this series in their 20s in the 90s and now they’re pushing 50 and still haven’t finished it.

At least George’s update makes it seem like he’s gotten past those rumored hang ups like the two battles and the “Meernese Knot” and is chugging along now

theagentcoma likes this.
  16. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

That's what blows my mind. I started reading it in like 2010, a year before the fifth book came out and right around the show starting. I can't imagine reading the first book in the 90s and still having to wait.

David87 likes this.
  17. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

He’s already surpassed the dark tower which I never thought would be passed in a milliOn years

18. williek311

Is he still going to be writing!?! Is he still going to be alive?

I hope George will be able to finish his life’s work and enjoy it’s success. More than I want to read it. Can’t imagine put this much effort in to something and not being able to feel the joy of it being done.

19. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Good news

20. williek311

[​IMG]

smowashere and David87 like this.
  21. williek311

Did start reading fire and blood. It’s a little dry.

22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

23. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

It is def dry compared to asoiaf novels but I got roped into the history and palace intrigue. King Jahaerys’s rule was filled with a lot of cool anecdotes and then of course the Dance is crazy. Hated reading about the deaths of some of the dragons though hAh

local_corn likes this.
  24. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

motherfucker have you not been writing this whole time!?

coleslawed, Dave Diddy and David87 like this.
  25. williek311

Yeah it’s interesting still. Wish I hadn’t read the world of ice and fire first because it’s retreading stuff but just in more detail. Still getting lost in this fucking family tree though. Lol.

David87 likes this.