Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Song of Ice and Fire (George R.R. Martin) Book • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Garrett, Mar 17, 2016.

1. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Its tough getting through A Dance with Dragons, maybe it's because I've read so much of this series in the past few months I'm getting worn out or it's the fact that its just a big ass book and I'm drowning in characters, locations, story-lines and everything else this world has to offer.

2. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I should add that this was also my reaction while this music played in my head:
    [​IMG]

3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I read the series after the shows as well, skipping some parts because I didn't want to get ahead of the show. When I finally got to Dance......yeah, I too had some trouble with it. I was expecting to have trouble with Feast because so many people talked bad about it, but I actually enjoyed Feast more I think.

I will say that I understand why the people who had been there since the beginning hated Feast more tho....they got used to all these characters for 3 books, had to wait 5 years to get a new book, only to see it had almost none of their favorite characters lol

4. williek311

lol I can understand that reading them as they came out. But I did like Feast.

5. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Please, don’t let this happen.

CarpetElf likes this.
  6. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

He also said that he has done some rewrites for TWOW and that he has not started working on A Dream of Spring at all.

CarpetElf likes this.
  7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Oh no

8. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Uggggh.

Also, my guess is some chapters from Winds will be pushed into Spring much like some from Dance ended up moving to Winds

CarpetElf likes this.
  9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I’m serious about the show taking away his motivation to finish the books. It seems more and more likely all the time.

CarpetElf likes this.
  10. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Haha I'm over it at this point. At least we have the show to finish out the story (even if there are flaws with it)

11. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

12. williek311

Finished ADWD, took a while but I'm all caught up.

13. williek311

Any recs on what to read next in this world? Probably gonna take a bit of a break and read some non-fiction or something first.

14. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

The dunk and egg tales are fun and short.

The World of Ice and Fire reads like a non-fiction if you really wanna dive into the history of the known world.

local_corn likes this.
  15. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

start it over but stop after book 3 lol

16. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

remember when i started this thread in hopes book six would come out sometime soonish lol

theagentcoma, David87 and CarpetElf like this.
  17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

coleslawed, David87 and Garrett L. like this.
  18. Garrett

he's never gonna finish them and i've made my peace with that

theagentcoma and CarpetElf like this.
  19. tucah

not champ Prestigious

i was hurt once when i believed martin in 2005 when he said ADWD would be out very soon after AFFC. never again.

David87, Garrett L. and CarpetElf like this.
  20. Garrett

and he's basically already blown that gap again with TWoW so really we just need to stick to Sanderson our king who delivers on time every time

tucah likes this.
  21. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

My only hope is that TWOW is so long that a lot of it gets pushed to ADOS and that that means ADOS would already be 40% done when winds is published.

Also hoping that since ADOS would be wrapping up the story that maybe it’s a little shorter and not as hard to write for him.

22. Not sure if this has been covered at all (if so ignore) but Ian McElhinney (Ser Barristan) said he's heard that George has finished both books and is waiting until after the series concludes.

31:30

Press X to doubt

local_corn likes this.
  23. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

This will surely be the most annoying disappointment yet.

24. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I definitely think there’s a chance he’s done with TWOW already and he’s waiting for after the show but I don’t think there’s a particularly good chance and I also don’t think there’s any way in hell both are done.

TJ Wells and CarpetElf like this.
  25. Garrett

Waiting for the show to end would be a new level of petty. He could cash in publishing it mid-hype. So I highly doubt it’s finished.