Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Quiet Place Part II (John Krasinski, September 4, 2020) • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Sean Murphy, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

shouldn't it be september 25th since that's a friday

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

September 4th typo I guess

GrantCloud likes this.
  3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

ah, that scans

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

5. Cameron Jul 23, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 10, 2020)
    Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Movie studios slowly but surely starting to realize

6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Our theater just delayed their opening again, didn’t even give a date this time so I think they’re aware as well

7. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not going to be going, but I'm genuinely curious why theaters aren't opening, all things considered. Like indoor dining most places is open, stores are open in which people get a whole lot closer than a theater if they did every other seat.

Again, I still wouldn't go, I try to avoid going out unless its grocery store or something like Home Depot.

8. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Putting aside the multiple reasons a human being shouldn’t go to a theater, I think from the theaters POV it doesn’t make sense financially. No new movies are coming out. You’re not going to make a ton of money showing old movies, at least not enough to justify paying everyone/all the extra cleaning tasks they would need to take.

9. heymattrick

Sending my love

The capacity restrictions on most businesses, especially movie theaters, just does not make it financially viable for most to open right now. They couldn't even do just one seat inbetween patrons because that wouldn't be 6 feet, and each row is less than 6 feet away from the one in front of it, so the way you'd have to space people out in a typical theater, you'd probably be at way less than 50% capacity. And with no new movies coming out right now, plus with mask wearing probably very hard to enforce in a dark theater for 2+ hours, it's probably not worth the risk to open when you're likely already operating at a loss.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. You could probably only have a person in every three seats or so to maintain six feet. Not worth it.

Theatres with large parking lots should get an outside screen and do drive in movies. Wonder how much that would cost to run.

RyanPm40 and heymattrick like this.
  11. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Man, I miss going to the drive-in, it's been years.

12. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Amazon is doing a drive in feature this week, I think it's Spider-verse. Thinking I might go see that, again.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

imthesheriff and phaynes12 like this.
  14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

love Nichols. feel like he could touch on this in an awesome way, probably even better than Krasinski can lol

15. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Did this ever release?

16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

no

17. Morrissey

Trusted

We need the old Jeff Nichols back.

phaynes12 likes this.
  18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

9/17

19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

mike1885 likes this.
  21. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Ahhh I’ll be vaccinated by then. Exciting

22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

23. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Niiiice

hope I can see it at the drive in

24. I’ll wait for paramount plus

25. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

Same which is unfortunate since the first was such a great theater going experience.