Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Quiet Place (John Krasinski, April 6,2018) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Nov 16, 2017.

1. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I think small noises were fine, it’s the loud or prolonged ones that attracts them.

2. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

What if your farts are from the Seventh Circle of Hell?

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Haha I love Spencer

4. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

if that were true then they wouldn't have to walk on marked spots to prevent floorboard creaking or have to walk on sand to prevent twigs from snapping. it seemed like even the smallest of noises had to be avoided.

Overall it's not like I am saying these things detracted from the movie or anything, just small things kinda not adding up that I am nitpicky about in a joking way. Like I said I had to literally laugh out loud when it showed her pregnant, and kinda roll my eyes, but it's not like I think that's an actual critique of the movie/plot

teebs41 likes this.
  5. supernovagirl

obviously in movies but especially fantasy type horrors, you have to have a level of suspension of disbelief and I don't mind that, but still poke fun at it.

Lucas27 and teebs41 like this.
  6. Lucas27

Trusted

What’s terrific about this movie is it doesn’t try to be logically flawless so finding holes ends up being part of the fun.

I saw this a second time today in an empty theater and oh man. Loved it just as much. I think this is destined to be a classic down the road.

Only two nitpicks and I was actively looking:

1. Krasinski’s death in the movie adds a lot of thematic weight and is a good thing for the story, but they could’ve made it a more necessary death. Deciding to axe the creature was not a good move and set up an otherwise terrific death scene too obviously.

2. Millicent Simmonds goes back to her brother’s memorial and puts the rocket there and cuts the cords presumably so it doesn’t make a sound. Why did she have to turn it on to leave it there? Did it only have sentimental value if she turned it on? How did she know what cords to cut for it to light up but not make sound? How did she know it was successfully not making sound since she’s deaf? Was she not peeing her pants at the risk she was taking to turn that stupid thing on???

Such a small detail that was the only thing that drove me crazy. Hahaha.

7. Lol this is exactly what I did

8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

We see her dad Give her wire cutters in the first scene.. I think maybe he does that so she can cut the sound cords off of things, he’s obviously good with electronics so maybe he taught her.

Lucas27 likes this.
  9. Lucas27

Trusted

Twue.

teebs41 likes this.
  10. DarkHotline

11. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

A great debut for Krasinski.

Did anybody think about the consequences of farting in this world?

12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I'd be dead so fast

13. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

it's not his debut

fenway89 likes this.
  14. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Never saw the Hollars. My bad. Any good?

15. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

i never saw it either. he also directed one before that which was really bad. so i get why this is seen as his breakout behind the camera. just saying haha.

16. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

“In an interview with producers Brad Fuller and Andrew Form, we asked about the movie’s real villain, the nail on the stairs. First and foremost, they told us that the nail stayed where it was because it would have been too noisy for the family to remove.

“They can’t knock [the nail] down,” Form said. “It’s too loud. I can’t imagine a hammer trying to get it out.”

“They can put an orange cone over it, a little orange cone,” Fuller joked.”

Unanswered Mystery From 'A Quiet Place' Finally Gets Nailed Down | HuffPost

Also, not sure if it was brought up before but just anticipating that nail got me thinking of...

17. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

The nail could be bent down by the backside of the hammer.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  18. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Damn soft-handed Hollywood libs wouldn’t know what do with a nail if they saw it.

supernovagirl likes this.
  19. flask

Trusted Supporter

My eyes started watering and i realized i wasn’t blinking.

20. DarkHotline

Watching this again, I really appreciate the cinematography. A lot of great shots are in that. The one that sticks with me is when the creature is in the cellar when it’s flooding and when the fireworks go off, illuminating Evelyn’s face in red.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  21. That monster creepily sinking itself into the water gave me chills like I haven’t gotten in a long time

22. supernovagirl

*me in my head realizing we really didn't know any of their names*: who tf is evelyn

23. Loved this. Simple but effective and tense as hell. All the horror sequences were great, and they did a good job of building the emotional core of the family. And ya, I figured they had the kid mostly out of biological responsibility to continue the human race. I hope to see Millicent Simmonds a lot more. She was great in Wonderstruck from last year too.

Also loved that this was a slick 90min, especially given how long movies are these days and the fact that I'm seeing a 2.5+ hr movie in a couple weeks ha.

24. DarkHotline

Momma bear

supernovagirl likes this.
  25. DarkHotline

I apologize, it was when the boy fell into the silo.