Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Quiet Place (John Krasinski, April 6,2018) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Nov 16, 2017.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Movie was amazing

fenway89 likes this.
  2. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Note to self: wear a condom during the apocalypse.

3. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

My guess they intentionally got pregnant to fill the void of their youngest child.

GrantCloud, suicidesaints and teebs41 like this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

It really took me out of the movie that they were somehow able to have sex and remain completely silent

GrantCloud and supernovagirl like this.
  5. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

To me, that was one of the biggest “Huh?” moments, like in a nitpicky way. Like babies are noisy in general, why would you go for another with creatures like that out there? But you gotta have conflict somewhere I guess.

6. DarkHotline

They totally banged at the river/waterfall.

7. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I was about to chime in with that.

How else would he know you can yell behind the water fall?

8. DarkHotline

Exactly

jkauf and supernovagirl like this.
  9. That annoyed me too.

Krasinski said he wanted to show the family was trying to live life as normally as possible, still moving forward, even with predators around. But it just seems irresponsible.

DarkHotline likes this.
  10. zporter92

Regular

Saw this opening night, it was fantastic. My girlfriend has already declared it to be her favorite horror movie.

My theater was packed and silent thankfully, there was a baby who cried during the trailers, but not during the movie, oddly. Only loud moment was at the end when everyone applauded and cheered. Very happy for John!

11. So great!

12. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Saw it opening night too, but I can't wait to go back midday during the week sometime to see it again in an empty theater.

Lucas27 likes this.
  13. Lucas27

Trusted

The insanity of bringing a child into that world is exactly what made it so powerful to me. The family’s stayed alive for so long that they’re daring to believe they can actually LIVE instead of just surviving, which is the same undying optimism that probably helped keep them alive in the first place.

14. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

saw this friday night. Really loved it. I jumped several times and I love the use of a Deaf actress to portray a Deaf character, and the use of ASL. I wish they would have showed it a little more clearly but beggars can't be choosers... the movie itself was very touching. The theater was deff packed but I didn't find that it took me out of it.

I agree with everyone that when it showed her pregnant I had to burst out laughing bc it was RIGHT after they show the newspaper clippings and stuff about how you have to be totally silent so I was literally like oh good, those are known for being silent.... like.. why!!

I also was very like "did they have totally silent sex?? how awkward???" but now agree w the consensus that they did it at the waterfall.

It was also frustrating to me that they figured out how to basically "win" at least against the local ones, IMMEDIATELY after John's character (forget his name oops) dies. On top of that, the "answer" seems somewhat obvious. If something is sensitive to sound it should be easy to irritate it that way. Regardless of that and a few other various plotholes, along with the fact that I wish they would have provided a little more explanation/backstory, I really did thoroughly enjoy it.

DarkHotline likes this.
  15. DarkHotline

You know, I honestly don’t recall his name ever coming up.

supernovagirl likes this.
  16. Lucas27

Trusted

Yes, but it would also be very easy to die instantly that way if you don’t get it right first try. Hahaha.

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  17. supernovagirl

true haha

Lucas27 likes this.
  18. DarkHotline Apr 8, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 8, 2018)
    DarkHotline

I also liked that they kept the backstory in the background or ambiguous. Like it’s what made the xenomorphs in the Alien franchise so intriguing before Ridley Scott decided to ruin it for everybody, the more you keep a creature secretive and unknown, the scarier it ultimately is.

19. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I don't think the names were ever mentioned until the credits

bradsonemanband likes this.
  20. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

My crowd for this was actually really good. Until the scene where John and Emily are discussing protecting their kids and some lady decided to answer her phone in order to repeatedly and loudly tell someone on the other end that she was in a movie. People are dumb, but everyone around her was really into it and pretty pissed so she got an earful.

Anyway, this was great.

21. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

I really want to see this movie, but I think I'll stick to seeing it towards the end of its box office run or wake up early and see a matinee. Paranoid of getting a bad or talkative crowd.

suicidesaints likes this.
  22. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Saw this in a silent theater and loved it. Also for people complaining that they had a child, is the alternative just ending the human race?

Joe and angrycandy like this.
  23. supernovagirl

I mean if they waited a couple months (or weeks..or days lol) they would have apparently figured out the secret and killed them soo theoretically yeah they should have waited for that lol

also I just think it's a no brainer that if you have to be so silent that you can't even squeak the floorboards, how on earth are you going to logistically, realistically care for a baby? I know you wanna keep going on and continuing life and continuing the human race but also, you can't do that if one cry kills the whole family. it's a gigantic risk to take.

24. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Quoting a comment I saw on another site about this:

"As a man who snores in my sleep, I’d be totally dead, right? I figure snorers must be easy pickings for these monsters. I also have questions about what people do with their farts and their burps. You can’t hold that stuff in forever."

25. DarkHotline

It’s not so much that, it just seems odd to do when babies are naturally noisey and you’re trying to survive against creatures with super hearing. Ultimately though, it’s nitpicking and it didn’t really bother me beyond that.

supernovagirl likes this.