Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Quiet Place (John Krasinski, April 6,2018) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Nov 16, 2017.

1. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Stair nail was super painful for me to watch haha

Aaron Mook and supernovagirl like this.
  2. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Oh can we talk about the baby box? Lol

3. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

People who bring babies into the theaters are assholes, no matter what excuse they have.

4. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

This is my early favorite of the year. Like this was perfect IMO. Just expertly executed on all fronts.

DarkHotline and Lucas27 like this.
  5. Lucas27

Trusted

I just have to emphasize how good the second act of this movie is. So many brilliant sequences. I could see the delivery, the flooded bunker, and the corn silo scenes all immortalized in the horror/thriller genre down the road and they basically happen back to back to back.

6. Welp turns out I was the one being the big baby cause that baby didn’t make a peep the whole movie! Very quiet crowd overall.... until the last moment, when the theater erupted with applause. That was pretty awesome.

This was very enjoyable! Definitely some dumb little plot things that you kinda have to ignore, but this suceeded in being super tense and offering a surprising amount of heart for how little dialogue there was. I also LOVED the design of the monsters, they looked so cool!

7. This was lots of fun. I don't normally go for horror movies, but I like supporting Big Tuna. Really glad he pushed for a deaf actress to play his daughter. Kudos to him.

I stepped on a nail when I was a kid, so that was hard to watch haha.

8. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

When they first showed the mask my first thought was "oh smart! They can gas the baby to keep it from crying!" like a fucking idiot

aoftbsten and trevorshmevor like this.
  9. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Echoing the Jurassic Park vibes, I also got very strong Signs inspiration from it. This really did have that instant classic kinda feel, and I can think of several scenes in this having the same kinda cultural significance that JP has had.

10. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

The corn silo reminded me of the Jurassic Park scene with the kids in the car and the T-Rex. I liked how the kids shielded themselves with the metal panel.

Lucas27 and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  11. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

One thing I was unsure of was During the night after the creatures tore through the barn and mom and baby asleep in the bunker, where was the water coming from that flooded it? Did they still have running water and a pipe was busted?

12. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Yea. When Jim left to find the other 2 kids, they showed flooding above them and showed the busted pipes gushing water.

13. Greg

Glad I’m not the only one who got Jurassic Park vibes during this.

14. Lucas27

Trusted

Is that right before Jim found Pam in the woods and decided to quietly run off with her?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. Greg

Big Tuna would never abandon his wife.

Jake Gyllenhaal and Lucas27 like this.
  16. LMAO this was me too

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

it would have been really funny if Emily was like "honey it looks like a coffin, our baby is sleeping in a coffin"

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

19. Lucas27

Trusted

Forgive me.

20. DarkHotline

Hopefully the success of this, along with films like Get Out and IT, will encourage more studios to put out quality horror films.

21. Lucas27

Trusted

I think Hereditary is going to be the next big one. It would be interesting to see Get Out pave the way for two horror movies to get awards recognition this year.. it could actually happen.

DarkHotline likes this.
  22. DarkHotline

I’m so excited for Hereditary, it looks really damn good.

23. Lucas27

Trusted

I’m not a horror guy, and it looks absolutely terrifying, so I’m not sure I can do it. But it looks incredible. Toni Collette especially.

24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

25. DarkHotline

I feel like you could honestly tell that entire movie in Jim GIFS

fenway89 likes this.