Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Quiet Place (John Krasinski, April 6,2018) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Nov 16, 2017.

1. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Yeah, I want to echo that too. Saw it this morning with a barely filled theater and aside from a cough here or there, it was dead quiet and it honestly enhanced the movie.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  2. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

A Quiet Place is a 2018 American horror film directed by John Krasinski, who also stars alongside Emily Blunt, his real-life spouse.

Haha this opening line on Wikipedia made me chuckle. What's the relevance of that?

3. DarkHotline

I will say as someone who is hearing impaired and wears hearing aids, that hearing aid screech is seriously the absolute worst and I dug that it was the creatures’ weakness. It also made me cringe hearing it so bravo, John.

4. Saw this at 1050 and it was packed. The person next to me was shoving food in their face the entire movie but other than that it was great.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

6. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Adrian Villagomez, jkauf and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Excellent movie. Lot of fantastic acting for having so little talking. Really really dug this.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  8. RyanPm40

I mean, I haven't seen it yet, but I feel like since it's already a monster movie, they wouldn't really need to change anything other than maybe seeing the word Cloverfield somewhere lol but I agree it'd be quite unnecessary.

9. Greg

Then what’s the point of doing it?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. RyanPm40

Haha I have the same questions for 10CL. I mean, even with the monsters we got in that one, they really had zero connection to the Cloverfield monster.

Obviously the movie is doing well on its own, but I can see why they'd be a little worried beforehand and would want to tag the Cloverfield name onto it for more views. I don't think it's necessary by any means, but I also don't think it would have made the movie worse considering it already has monsters, is all. It'd have a better connection than the other two sequels anyway.

11. Greg

Have you seen the Cloverfield Paradox?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

This was great. Wonder if it woulda been cool without a score. Perhaps they’ll put that on the Blu-ray ?

13. Greg

I want that, but only if they keep in the dance song. That was played within the movie.

14. RyanPm40

Yes I have, it was fucking horrible and the monster was shoe horned in. That's my point, this particular movie wouldn't have needed to shoehorn anything in.

10CL felt the same way, it would have been a fantastic movie if the whole plot was just psychological abuse with no real threat of monsters.

I'm sorry, this is a really dumb and pointless debate lol I am happy that a movie like this can stand on its own

aoftbsten likes this.
  15. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Really great! I went for the suspense and it delivered. And I had a packed theater and was lucky there was no chatter and only the occasional popcorn munching.

16. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Pretty funny anytime any part of the score began you could instantly hear people going for their snacks haha

17. Jake Gyllenhaal

Just learned that Millicent Simmonds who plays the daughter is deaf in real life

18. Yo how'd they get all that sand

19. DarkHotline

...You know what, that’s a solid question

20. Jake Gyllenhaal

The beach

21. They are in the middle of the woods. Plot hole, zero stars!

kidding

22. Just sat down to see this and a couple literally just walked in with a damn baby. Legit considering just catching the next showing lol

GrantCloud and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

this was very sweet and touching
    I no longer think no one should have guns, John Krasinski and Emily Blunt are allowed but no one else
    there was definitely some suspension of disbelief, what kind of background did they have that they had unlimited engineering and medical knowledge
    poor raccoons

and my theater was packed but it was generally fine, y'all got me scared when I saw people entering with popcorn

24. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

The nail in the stair was kinda dumb. Like why would a nail be pounded up from the bottom and then bent over so that something can catch on it and pull it upright?

25. Jake Gyllenhaal

Obviously Kevin McCallister put it in there