Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Perfect Circle - Eat The Elephant (April 20, 2018) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Oct 13, 2017.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Drip drip

2. beachdude

"By and Down the River" is the same song as "By and Down"... might be a re-recording but I'm not sure.

Overall I'm actually digging this a lot. Different vibe for them for sure but it works for me. The ending of "Delicious" is my favorite musical moment thus far.

3. beachdude

"Hourglass" is fucking WEIRD haha... I legitimately cannot decide yet if it's my favorite or least favorite track.

EDIT: I'm leaning towards favorite right now. Musically it's fucking sick, Maynard just makes some uh... let's say "unconventional" vocal choices.

airik625 likes this.
  4. waking season Apr 18, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 18, 2018)
    waking season

Trusted Prestigious

The beginning of So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish sounds like something off of The Color Before the Sun.

Edit: It’s the intro to You Got Spirit, Kid.

MrDaveH, Micah511 and beachdude42 like this.
  5. beachdude

"Get the Lead Out"'s production is almost... hip-hop influenced(??)... That was kinda weird.

6. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Will give this a sincere listen today

7. JM95

Trusted

Can't wait to listen to this. Every song released so far has grown on me.

beachdude42 likes this.
  8. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

I'll just wait until it's out on Friday, but the tracks that I've heard so far have all been enjoyable. I missed them when they were in Cleveland last November and I'm not seeing them next month at Rock on the Range, so it's not looking like I'll get to see them anytime soon.

9. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

All 4 of the released songs have grown me a lot since I first listened to them. I'm gonna wait until Friday to hear the rest, but looking forward to it a lot.

waking season and Nate_Johnson like this.
  10. theagentcoma

Man I think it's just ok. I've liked each one of the songs released in advance of the album. "Hourglass" feels like a Puscifer B-side. "DLB" is just an instrumental filler track. "Get The Lead Out" feels like a remix of half of a song. I really like "Delicious" and "Feathers" stuck out to me too. The rest will take time.

I should have known just from the advance tracks but the album feels....toothless? It's lacking something and I can't quite pinpoint what it is.

bachna84 and christsizedshoes like this.
  11. christsizedshoes

Trusted

I don't want to call it a cash grab, because that's not fair and it's probably not accurate, either. I just think Billy and Maynard couldn't find time to maximize this band's potential 10-12 years ago when they were already firing on all cylinders. Now things are different, and this was inevitably going to be somewhat cobbled together in a way that had to work around other external priorities. Billy even admitted in interviews that he had hired help to do the editing/production that he typically would handle himself -- that keeps coming to mind as I hear some of the overprocessed and pasted-sounding vocal tracks (especially "Feathers").

Overall, I'm happy to hear them again and there are several great tracks, but it falls hopelessly short of the rest of MJK's non-Puscifer discography. I wasn't expecting it to reach those heights, thankfully.

theagentcoma likes this.
  12. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

13. theagentcoma

Great interview. My favorite part is how he talks about jiu-jitsu and getting choked out and having dicks drawn on your forehead lol

14. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’m really feeling the title track

beachdude42, Quercus and Rowan5215 like this.
  15. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Yeah it's a really nice, atmospheric opener. Already prefer it to any of the singles tbh

waking season likes this.
  16. Horrorca

Trusted

waking season likes this.
  17. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Maynard sounds real strange on The Contrarian but I think I like it

Rowan5215 likes this.
  18. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

“Bravissimo, hip hip hooray” has no business sounding as good as it does

beachdude42 and Rowan5215 like this.
  19. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

The Contrarian is definitely one of the best cuts so far, cool exotic feel to it. Thankfully the Doomed is definitely the worst

20. Horrorca

Trusted

Delicious is... uplifiting

don’t remember APC sounding uplifting ever before

21. waking season Apr 19, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 20, 2018)
    waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I enjoyed this a lot on first listen. Excited to really dig in tomorrow.

beachdude42 likes this.
  22. Horrorca

Trusted

well and Fish too haha

23. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I like this album

beachdude42 and Quercus like this.
  24. Quercus

Regular

I'm really digging this album, feels a lot more groovy (for a lack of a better word) than their previous releases. I like The Doomed and TalkTalk way more within the context of the album!

25. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I’m liking this album, I feel the first half is much better than the second atm though. I’m sure that’ll change the more time I give this though. Fish is really fucking good.