Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Perfect Circle - Eat The Elephant (April 20, 2018) Album • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Oct 13, 2017.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I found this to be a meandering, boring mess

2. Turkeylegz

Trusted

All I see online is how awful this album is but I finally gave it a go and I love it. His voice is phenomenal on this.

3. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Negativity speaks louder then positivity imo

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Haven’t checked any other sites/reviews. It’s not going to top their other albums, but as a reunion album it checks all my boxes.

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I implore you to re visit it a couple more times

6. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I've seen a lot of 3-4 out of 10. Mostly saying it is a "get off my lawn" type album if that makes sense.

irthesteve likes this.
  7. Bane

The spiciest meme

Yea the songs I've seen people who don't really like it actually like (Hourglass, Feathers) might be my least favorites on it strangely enough. If nothing else this will be quite an album to discuss over time and get reactions.

beachdude42 and Turkeylegz like this.
  8. oldboot

Regular

I think I really love this but I have no idea. By and Down the River is a standout to me, oddly enough so is Fish. Maynard's voice is incredible, though I must say there are a few weaker lyrics. Overall I think I really enjoy it. I feel like a month from now I'll be totally in love.

Semi-related, but I've been listening to the indie exclusive a bunch and the white vinyl w/white packaging looks pretty cool.

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

10. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

11. JM95

Trusted

Cannot remember the last time I heard Maynard's voice on a live proshot.

Larry David likes this.
  12. Horrorca

Trusted

what’s up with the creepy Spotify vids lol

13. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

I picked this up on vinyl today when I was in town shopping, that artwork is somehow even worse in real life. Anyways I'm still loving this album a hell of lot and haven't stopped playing it all week.

14. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

:crylaugh:

15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Hahaha

16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

beachdude and theagentcoma like this.
  17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah definitely don’t ever want to listen to this album every again now we know Maynard is a piece of shit

primavera likes this.
  18. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I think we knew that before all of this, but point taken

19. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

we been knew

20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

That story came out like a month after the album came out...

21. Crisp X Jun 10, 2022
    (Last edited: Jun 10, 2022)
    Billy released a solo album today, which I was completely unaware of. I remember loving the Ashes Divide album back in the day, and some songs are still in my rotation so I'm looking forward to checking this out.

Judging from this interview, it's supposed to be more electronic leaning.

edit: So it's more of a 80s new wave record with gothic influences here and there, pretty much a departure from what he's done prior. That plus the fact he vocally sounds completely different made for quite a jarring listen. I'm into it and I'm going to revisit throughout the year though.

coleslawed and Nate_Johnson like this.