Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Monster Calls (Juan Antonio Bayona; October 21st, 2016) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by jkauf, Jul 13, 2016.

1. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

A visually spectacular drama from acclaimed director Juan Antonio Bayona (“The Impossible”), based on the award-winning children’s fantasy novel. 12-year-old Conor (Lewis MacDougall) attempts to deal with his mother’s (Felicity Jones) illness and the bullying of his classmates by escaping into a fantastical world of monsters and fairy tales that explore courage, loss, and faith.

2. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Gonna check this out tonight. Looks interesting. Anyone else see this yet?

3. 5Stories

Regular

Yeah I saw this last week. Thought it would be an uplifting tale about a kid having a hard time and using his imagination to overcome obstacles, which is basically my favourite type of film. Film was sad as fuck. It was decent, I didn't love it. I did cry a couple times I must admit.

4. Davjs

Trusted

Just got through with this, movie was very well done. The artwork/effects during the stories were really cool and the Monster's message pulled everything together nicely. It says a lot while also being such a simple story. It is a tear jerker though for sure.