Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Man Was Dragged Off A United Plane After The Airline Overbooked The Flight • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 10, 2017.

1. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

I'm seeing in some places that he might not have any room to sue United due to language within their Contract of Carriage, but I'm not a legal expert in that regard. If anything, it's more likely the Chicago Department of Aviation will be found liable for excessive force in the removal of the passenger from the plane. The city of Chicago already has a hefty fund to pay out victims of police misconduct, but I'm not sure if that only applies to victims of Chicago PD or if it would also apply to Chicago Department of Aviation law enforcement.

I probably still will just because I live near O'Hare, and United is the only carrier that flies directly to the area where I grew up. Southwest does as well, but it takes 30-45 minutes in no traffic to get to Midway whereas O'Hare takes me 10 minutes in no traffic. Plus I'm not a fan of Southwest's seating system, but that's a matter of personal preference.

2. Raku

Regular

This is absolutely horrible. United is wrong on all accounts without any doubts, I don't know how anyone can defend this (and believe me, I've seen people on Twitter defend this BS).

First of all, if United is going to have seating for employees, then they should have had them reserved (not for sale) so they could avoid such a mess). Secondly, as other have said, they really should have offered more than the initial $400 (and then later $800). People are paying for a service, and they have a schedule to keep. There time, and money is important, and they shouldn't be penalized because United Airlines runs a shitty business. Third, the police brutality was completely unnecessary. They could have easily gotten him off that plane without slamming his head into an arm rest, and then dragging his unconscious body off the plane.

What's funny (not really) is that after being dragged off, he managed to come back to the plane, and then they had to evacuate everyone just to clean the plane off. Basically inconveniencing everybody in the end.

I remember reading on twitter that someone on the flight offered to give up their seat for around $1200 and they were laughed at. Of course, I don't know how legit this is, but just something I found to be worth noting.

I'd actually be interested in reading that.

3. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Yeah, but getting a colonoscopy after going to your dentist is a better experience than dealing with Comcast's customer support.

4. jorbjorb

7 rings

why is his face bloody? that's fucked man. horrible.

5. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I'd always preferred Continental among the American carriers, and it's no surprise United took on their logo when they bought them. Needless to say it hasn't helped United's brand or service. The entire industry has been cutting corners and neglecting customer service for years now, which is par for the course with big business, and this is a viral embodiment of that.

6. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I heard it was 1600. Either way, last I heard their stock has tanked 600 mil today. Hope it was worth it, United!

Raku and coleslawed like this.
  7. coleslawed

Eat Pizza