Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Lot Like Birds Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Oct 16, 2016.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

A Lot Like Birds is an American post-hardcore band formed in Sacramento, California. The band has released three albums and received considerable media attention from music sites. Since the release of 2011's Conversation Piece, A Lot Like Birds has signed to Equal Vision Records and released their third studio album on October 29, 2013.

2. beachdude

So I had the chance to hear some of their new stuff a couple days ago... I'll just say that if you're a fan of melodic post-hardcore, DEFINITELY keep your eyes out for this release! As much as I loved everything they did with Kurt, the stylistic shift on the new stuff is absolutely perfect for this band.

3. Jake Z

Regular

Interesting. The comments when Kurt left made it seem like the other guys wanted to do something different, while Kurt wanted to stay in the post hardcore realm, or maybe I am remembering incorrectly. I am intrigued to check it out.

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. beachdude

If anything, I'd describe what I heard as if DGD did a fully melodic post-hardcore album that's a lot more focused and less chaotic, and with pretty much only cleans. Difference is, ALLB is the band that did it not DGD.

5. beachdude

Two brief teasers of new material:

6. Jake Z

Regular

Gotcha, thanks. So basically Kurt wanted to go heavy and include unclean vocals, and these guys wanted the more melodic.

beachdude42 likes this.
  7. beachdude

Sounds like it yeah... I'm guessing Kurt just didn't want such a big change from the last two albums.

8. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

No Place was alright I suppose. Not sure how I feel about this band.

9. beachdude

No Place is still a fantastic record. Might have a chance to hear the whole new album at a listening party next week if I can make it. Hoping I can go.

10. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Let us know what it's like if you go!

beachdude42 likes this.
  11. beachdude

I got to hear a couple new songs through a friend... if they're representative of the whole album it's definitely a shift. Almost exclusively clean singing, much more melodic and focused, great hooks. I would almost describe it as similar to some Jonny-era Emarosa but with better songwriting.

12. beachdude

Still waiting for news about this... what I heard a few months back was phenomenal, and I've talked to a couple friends who have heard the whole album and can't shut up about how great it is.

13. palewhiteboy88

Regular Supporter

Can confirm. It's good

beachdude42 likes this.
  14. beachdude

I just want a damn single from this to be officially released man haha

15. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Do we know when it might come out ? Single / Album

beachdude42 likes this.
  16. beachdude

I heard a timeline from someone a while back, but all I'll say is I'm not sure it's gonna be accurate at this point haha

17. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

Listening to this again and it is still pretty good. I was wrong.

beachdude42 likes this.
  18. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Yeah, No Place is extremely dense and tough to catch on to (especially No Nature, Connector, Recluse), but its technically immensely impressive, and was a huge step up from CP in songwriting, context, and lyrics.

beachdude42 and GettingSodas like this.
  19. beachdude

They just filmed a music video earlier this week, I followed the director on Instagram and he's been posting images from it. Can't wait.

20. sawhney[rusted]2

I JUST WANT NEW FUCKING MUSIC JESUS

YOU'RE MAKING THIS HARDER THAN IT HAS TO BE BEACHDUDE

beachdude42 likes this.
  21. beachdude

I HAVEN'T HEARD IT EITHER BESIDES ONE SONG THAT I BARELY REMEMBER, I'M IN THE SAME BOAT FAM

22. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

I really want to hear this. Guessing it's gonna be coupled with a label change since it's been so long.

23. beachdude

"#ALLBLPIV news in a couple days...

Here's a teaser recap:"

Transient_Hymn likes this.
  24. sawhney[rusted]2

oh boy that sounds good :')

beachdude42 likes this.
  25. sawhney[rusted]2

playlist of music that inspired them during the making of LP 4