Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Lot Like Birds - DIVISI (May 5, 2017) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Mar 22, 2017.

1. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

beachdude42 likes this.
  2. sawhney[rusted]2

Yeah these songs are much better in context. Excited to hear the second half

3. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I think I would prefer this album without Matt Coate vocals. Cory could have handled this just fine. I do like it a lot after my first listen, though. Need to spend more time with it.

4. sukottokairu

Regular

pretty good on first listen, i can't wait to listen more and digest it all. the album has a strong second half which was really important! some cool transitions and it does seem well thought out. my biggest complaint so far is the mixing on the drums, i feel like they are really held back most of the time, and the album could have used the drums coming to the forefront a little more to give it some punch.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  5. Kmil

Trusted

Halfway through this and I'm enjoying it a good amount. To be completely honest and some of you might think less of my opinion, but I wasn't too into older "A Lot Like Birds". This is much better in my opinion.

Transient_Hymn and beachdude42 like this.
  6. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I definitely think this has the potential to appeal to people who weren't that into them before, I get where you're coming from!

Kmil likes this.
  7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

This is streaming

beachdude42 likes this.
  8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I like this stuff more than the older stuff, feels more accessible

beachdude42 likes this.
  9. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

The final four tracks on this thing is my favorite run on the album... kicks up the aggression/technicality a bit without losing what made the rest of the album enjoyable.

10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Good seeds bad soil is so Anthony green

beachdude42 likes this.
  11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Gonna jam dis shit later

12. sawhney[rusted]2

Dude it's Good Soil Bad Seeds stop spreading misinformation it's diluting the band's message bro gawd =p

13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

lol i didn't have the song title in front of me when posting, was going off of memory, I'm awful

14. sawhney[rusted]2

Nah you're awesome

15. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Anyone know if the physical CD will be sold in any stores?

teebs41 likes this.
  16. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Got this cued up to play within the next hour!

17. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Listened to the early stream on the way home from work last night and I'm about halfway through my morning listen. I really, really like this. Even more on the second listen, actually, and I've listened to the singles about a dozen times each leading up to this. Some of the songs feel like they end a bit abruptly, but I like it more on the second go-round - they don't drag at all and it seems more "to the point" than "unrealized" if anything.

These guys are very good at their instruments. Really well done and tasteful across the board and the rhythm section is the best I've heard in the genre in a long time. I haven't paid such close attention to drums and bass on a record as I have been here. Agreed with the second half, especially the last portion of the album. I think when they really kick up the aggression again it works in their favor, but the quieter stuff is also very well done.

This is proving to be a surprise AOTY contender for me right now.

beachdude42 likes this.
  18. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Absolutely adoring this record. I enjoyed the others a bit, but have gravitated away from the Sing/Yell music. At least newer records since I feel like it has been done at its peak already.

Anyways, this is such a massive step up for the band.
    This is the third TREOS record we never got. Themes are on point with MiFaMi and instrumentals are layered so well.

I will be amazed if this isn't in my Top 10 for the year.

Great work ALLB

19. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

and just ordered the vinyl. Wanted to wait until first listen....

How is shipping on vinyl $15. insanity

beachdude42 and Daniel182 like this.
  20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I love this record

21. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

After one listen I was pleased. Might've preferred the first half but need many more listens.

teebs41 and beachdude42 like this.
  22. Kmil

Trusted

Yeah, I'm really enjoying this, think it's great. It's cohesive without sounding samey, which is a difficult thing to do a lot of times. Some of these tracks I just love, like "Infinite Chances," "Atoms in Everything," and "DIVISI"

beachdude42 likes this.
  23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Lots of variety the melodies are super catchy and powerful, vocal performance is phenomenal and I don't love his voice much but the high stuff is so solid and clean. I love the spoken word and screaming moments, I love the weirdness of some of the tracks... one thing I need to figure out is what atoms in evening is about as a Christian.. sometimes those anti god songs make me feel a bit weird but I hadn't looked at the lyrics at all so i need to hold off judgement.. okay I'm just going on a rant now. Love the record and it really surprised me

beachdude42 likes this.
  24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

After reading the lyrics I think I understand the song a lot more. Also reading the story that went out with for Shelley cleans things up too.

beachdude42 likes this.
  25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Any one want to share the story behind this band? The lead singer on this record didn't sing previously?

beachdude42 likes this.