Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Lot Like Birds - DIVISI (May 5, 2017) Album • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Royal Coda song is fine. Loved Conversation Piece and No Place, couldn't get into DIVISI though. I wish Eternity Forever could've kept going, they had a pretty fresh sound I dug a lot.

2. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I’m way into the Royal Coda song. And I love every A Lot Like Birds album pretty equally at this point. I am seriously bummed about this. Towards the end of last year, I bought all their records on vinyl, and three t-shirts. And then they do me like this? Gah.

beachdude42 likes this.
  3. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Really bummed about this. I like everything these guys have put out and felt like the next album could have been something really special after the change of sound - this unfortunately seems to be the way of things for a lot of bands that move away from the genre they began in (I always think about the end of Oceana before they reunited and became Polyenso and even then, The Tide to Birtheater was a much less significant change than No Place to DIVISI.)

Hoping to see Cory do something new!

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Love Love Loveee Birtheater.

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

DIVISI remix out

6. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

A friend of mine from the SoCal music scene is playing drums for A Lot Like Birds’ final show! I’m bummed Joe isn’t going to be part of it, but Elijah’s going to kill it.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  7. sukottokairu

Regular

surprised Joe isn't going to join them one last time, i guess that really does proves the theory that he wasn't interested in continuing

beachdude42 likes this.
  8. sukottokairu

Regular

i wonder if it'll be awkward for Michael and Joe to tour together with Sianvar?

beachdude42 likes this.
  9. beachdude

I've wondered the same thing haha

10. beachdude

Kurt’s performing at their final show!!

teebs41 likes this.
  11. sukottokairu

Regular

somebody better film that

beachdude42 likes this.
  12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

It’s weird their last show is a festival tho. I would have preferred they came to one of Sac’s many intimate venues(Boardwalk, Ace of Spades etc.). Though that’s awesome Kurt is cool with everyone again it seems. Last Friday at the Hail/Foxing/Circa show I saw Michael, and was gonna say hi. Though I was getting patted down at the same time so it was weird.

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I had no idea Cory had a new band now. Sufferer? Anyone check them out?

beachdude likes this.
  14. beachdude

It’s a supergroup with members of ALLB, Hail the Sun, and I the Mighty... was started before ALLB broke up and is intended as a side project I believe, their debut album is a conceptual record revolving on a day in the life of someone with anxiety and depression.

I really enjoy the album, also just caught a free show they did out here in Orange County recently.

15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Huh idk how I’m just now hearing about it. I love all those bands

beachdude likes this.
  16. beachdude

Haha it's definitely been a bit more lowkey... the debut album was crowdfunded and released independently, I believe.

17. sukottokairu

Regular

it was originally funded and recorded a few years ago and took a long time to come out, so i don't think the hype level was at maximum, but it seems like their shows have been going well and hopes are high for another album!

beachdude likes this.
  18. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

:crylaugh:

beachdude likes this.
  19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yo

beachdude and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This album is still crazy good. It’s not as complex/prog-y as their other albums, but my god does it make me feel things.

beachdude and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  21. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Yeah, it’s about 50% great, 50% mediocre. Really wish they did one more album to find their footing

22. beachdude

I totally agree. Such an underrated gem.

Cameron likes this.
  23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Corey really goes in on this. My yearly reminder that they went out on a high note.

24. beachdude

Yeah this is an incredible album. Shame it was their swan song as a band but I really think they did such a great job with the sound change.

25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Annnnd now that yur’ gone, and I’m at your headstone I curse ouuuut loud

Benjamin Lee and beachdude like this.