Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A League Of Their Own (Amazon Prime) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 7, 2022.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

coleslawed likes this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

thats a good cast

3. Put D’Arcy Carden in everything.

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  4. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Into it

5. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

This is fun

6. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Is it out today?

Halitosis Jones likes this.
  7. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Yep all 8 episodes on Amazon now.

8. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Offerman is so good in the Hanks role.

coleslawed likes this.
  9. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

First episode was good

10. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Loving the first episode so far.

11. May check this out once I finish some other shows. Is the original movie worth watching, and is it connected in any way?

12. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

It’s one of the best sports movies ever made, absolutely worth checking out. They definitely reference things from the movie but mostly they’re Easter eggs.

I’ll post better word vomit soon but I really loved this and I’m so glad it exists. Abbi Jacobson really did right by these stories. And D’Arcy Carden was completely stunning throughout the series.

13. Ok, cool. I'll watch the movie beforehand. Looks like it's also streaming on Prime, which works out perfectly.

Meerkat likes this.
  14. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

So overall I really liked this. I could not stand the way they talked sometimes. It really took me out of the era they were supposed to be in.

Halitosis Jones likes this.
  15. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

yeah I agree fun show but yeah 2020's dialogue in the 1940's makes for a real weird tone.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

It's also weird that her name is Carson

Halitosis Jones and DrAlanGrant like this.
  17. Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

Yeah i almost expected Carson to pull out a smartphone and be like "I just got a snapchat from my hubby in Normandy"

18. Meerkat

It would’ve been great if the dialogue was more era-accurate but ultimately I don’t think it took away from how great the storytelling was

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Hard to think about dialogue when you're feral every time Greta and Lupe are on the screen

20. Ok @Meerkat was right, the original movie was pretty awesome.

Just finished the first ep of the show and really enjoyed it. I did have a nice moment spoiled for me in the streaming thread, though. I'll pop back in this thread when I finish.

David87 and Meerkat like this.
  21. Meerkat

Glad you liked it! The show does a great job at telling the stories the movie didn't. I think together they're a solid piece.

Also, I really appreciate the way they chose to include Max and Clance's storylines. Still clearly connected to baseball and the Peaches/league while not ignoring the reality that Black women weren't allowed to play. Overall I think they juggled everything really well

22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah the movie is a classic. DIdn't realize there was people out there who hadn't seen it! haha

23. Why does the home team peaches stadium have their name permanently at the top of the score board and batting first each inning …?

24. Joe Sep 1, 2022
    (Last edited: Sep 1, 2022)
    Binged this pretty quickly because I enjoyed it so much. Loved the whole ensemble cast/characters. Really loved the friendship between Max and Clance. I thought they balanced the tone between drama and delightful comedy pretty well. Only thing that felt weird was Nick Offerman's abrupt exit.

I have a lot of blind spots haha. For whatever reason, this movie wasn't in my parents' collection, which was how I was introduced to most pre-2000s movies growing up.

25. Meerkat

I can’t find the article, but that was done specifically in response to how much focus the movie put on Tom Hanks’ character. They wanted to subvert the expectation and keep the focus on the women