Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Hidden Life (Terrence Malick, December 13, 2019) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tucah, Jun 22, 2016.

1. username

hey you lil piss baby

Got my tix for tomorrow afternoon. Always a bad crowd at this cinema but I’m hoping for the best. Wish I had done a rewatch or two before (I’ve got the extended cut of The Tree of Life that I’ve still yet to watch), think it’s been since Song to Song’s release that I last saw any of his work.

2. Dog with a Blog

Oh shit I was wrong. We already have it. Maybe I can watch tomorrow

3. Dog with a Blog

I will second this. Fucking gorgeous film. Multiple scenes that nearly brought me to tears, not because they were incredibly emotional, but because Malick is just so great at highlighting beauty in the mundane. That said, it is absolutely heartbreaking

Lucas27 likes this.
  4. Morrissey

Trusted

I assume it was a factor for getting funding, but it was funny that the good Austrians spoke English and the bad ones spoke German.

5. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I really like Song to Song, but this is the hardest Malick has hit for me since Tree of Life.

6. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I think I'm gonna get to see this tomorrow afternoon, which will be my first theatrical experience w/ Malick. Merry Christmas Eve to me.

gonz (Alex) and Dog with a Blog like this.
  7. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Yeah, this was good. Obviously. Didn’t love the experience as much as I expected, partly because I was tired & not feeling this kinda movie today, but I couldn’t put it off & risk missing some Malick beauty on the big screen. Made me wish I could’ve seen Tree it Life or To the Wonder in theaters.

I think the highlight for me was the religious painter talking about the real Jesus & whatnot. The letter describing the kids waiting for dad to come home was super touching. Also loved the resolve at the end.

8. Lucas27

Trusted

This was unbelievable.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  9. This was good, but I didn't love it. It did make me want to finally get around to watching Malick's older stuff.

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

hbo max 9/1

11. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I have an FYC mini screenplay and photo booklet for this if anyone wants it. Just DM me and I can send it to you. First come first served.

coleslawed likes this.
  12. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i mean, I'll take it for sure if you're offering haha

13. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Shoot me that address!