Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Hello, A Goodbye • Page 5

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Thank you so much. It means the world to me to read. After the time and years spent working on some of the smallest details it would make people crazy to know, it really does mean a lot to read things like this.

Thank you!

Hah. I know the feeling. I've had some weird emotions over the past couple weeks.

tdlyon likes this.
  2. MrScott

Jason, congrats on the new site! I've been an ap.net reader for ten or eleven years and a chorus.fm fan since the beginning (when it was just a blog), so I'm excited for what's next. Quick question -- is there still a way to see all of a particular person's posts in a single thread? I often used that to get a big picture summary of a large thread on ap.net. Forgive me if there is an obvious answer -- I can't find it after a bit of searching. And best of luck with the transition!

3. T.J.

music and baseball.

Not to be emotional, but I feel like AP helped me progress from my adolescence to adulthood.

To explain, I feel like my taste in music expanded further from what the radio provided to what I actually preferred. And a lot has to due with what AP provided. I discovered so much from AP's reviews and forums and it had more to do with what I preferred than what I was provided. I can't thank the site enough for that.

Jason Tate and MrScott like this.
  4. MrScott

amen. so much good + identity changing music through ap.net. all hail!

5. Thanks so much! For following all those years, and even the blog, that's awesome.

Top of the page, search, make sure "just this thread" is selected, and then type in a member's username. That'll give you all their posts from that thread.

Hope that helps!

6. MrScott

Brilliant! Thank you man. That's exactly what I'm looking for. PS -- remember about 6 years ago when an intern on the Zune team hit you up to send you a Zune / make a playlist for their online marketplace? That was me :blush:. I was putting together a bunch of content for an "Alternative All Stars" feature I was creating.

As part of that, I made a playlist that consisted almost entirely of bands I'd discovered courtesy of AP.net. If anyone's curious, here's a screenshot of the first 15 songs. Funny to look back on it!

7. ZeoVGM

Regular

I'm going to use my first post on the new site to say that the site and forum are incredibly sexy.

I feel that's important enough for a first post.

8. That's amazing! First up, thanks! So funny. Oh the Zune. It was brown. Sometimes the UI made me crazy! Hope you're doing well man.

9. Thanks! Link looks great in retina and pretty colors. He's all popping in my dark mode at the moment.

Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 11.32.20 PM.png

Really glad you made the transition over! Great to see you here.

10. MrScott

Yup, there's a reason it doesn't exist anymore :) but thanks for your willingness to do a playlist back in the day.

I'm doing well, moved down to LA to pursue music. I might be passing through Portland on tour this summer... I'll get in touch then if I think it'd be a bill you'd dig!

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. princexero

Let's Lead, Not Follow

Thanks Jason. I'm so sad cause ap.net will be no more, but............Chorus.fm is awesome! Ciao from Italy!

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Agree with you on this point. The coolest thing about AP was the ability to jump in a conversation about whatever news article interested you immediately off of the home page.

13. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

You can still do that, as you just did?

14. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

You're right, but it took a little extra work. I had to select "Community > Article Discussions > A Goodbye, a Hello.

Seems unnecessary to do all that work.

Unless I'm doing it wrong?

15. Hey, I'm going to write a post dedicated to ap.net and how it changed my life over the years. But before that, I have one problem, I keep getting this error :
    You do not have permission to access this page.
    The reason is usually that you need 15 posts or more before accessing certain features on the website -- this is to avoid all the spammer garbage that we'd get otherwise.

16. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

News comments were pretty much the worst part of the old site.

17. That and the Babe thread. Some of the Sports ones used to scare me so I never participated in them.

18. marciocolombia

@Jason Tate congratulations on having the courage to not be accommodated with all that AP.net could continue providing you and on the creation of Chorus.fm.

19. pbueddi

Trusted

are there still going to be little pictures next to band news stories like on the old site? for example, i always got excited when i saw the little blink logo because it meant blink news even before i read the headline.

20. princexero

Let's Lead, Not Follow

me too!

21. wearethedead

missing out

I was only an occasional poster (my old username was feelitallfading) but have been visiting the site almost every day for about 4 years. Even though I thought the old one was almost perfect, this seems to have already surpassed it! Good job!

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. Kristen Apr 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 1, 2016)
    Kristen

Regular

I've done this twice at work today:

"abs.." shit!

edit: make that 3 times

23. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

@Jason Tate - since readers can't access any of the articles over on ap.net (including this one), it might be helpful to have something there to redirect them to this site. even putting a link to this that says "read this over at chorus.fm" at the top of that last post would work.

also, i think i might be the only person who posted in the "former prestigious accounts" thread who didn't get the status. not sure if that was intentional or an oversight, but whatevs. just thought i'd mention it.

24. Solidus

This is a war, sober up

I'm not even seeing the link on each article. Where is it?

25. delvec19

Trusted

I said there should be. Not that there is one.