Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Hello, A Goodbye • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

I joined AP.net back in October 2005 and despite visiting every day I've always been a bit of a lurker and managed a measly 462 posts (0.12 posts per day - go me!).

I can already see from using chorus.fm for the last few hours that I'm going to be a hell of a lot more active. As a developer, I'm literally drooling at some of the features on here. Even as I was typing I saw a little flash notification pop up to tell me people have contributed to this thread while I've been writing. So. Damn. Good.

The live notifications are awesome too. I feel so much more connected to the threads that I'm posting in now. They feel like living, breathing conversations rather than a sequence of comments that people post and then forget about until someone comes along and quotes them.

There is still so much to discover and play with and I'm really looking forward to delving deeper into the website over the next few days. Congratulations Jason - this is a huge achievement!

Jusscali and ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ like this.
  2. Fox83

Trusted

I remember the sidebar of AP having free mp3 downloads. I downloaded Zebrahead's song Rescue Me in 2003. I didn't join until November of 2006. I'm not really sure why it took that long, but I've followed the site for close to 15 years I suppose. I'll miss the comments in the news articles, but I'll continue to check out the new content. Best of luck.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Dan_P

Always a lurker but ap.net is responsible for pretty much my whole music taste. It's funny that over the last few months I was feeling that the site needed a new direction, this place seems like the natural progression. Thank you and best of luck, Jason!

4. Thanks so much for being here and seeing more crazy designs of the homepage than maybe anyone. 2003 and Zebrahead. Haha. Wow.

Fox83 likes this.
  5. holdfasthope

Newbie Prestigious

i vaguely remember jason taking over the starting line's message board/website at one point back in 02 or 03. maybe i am mis-remembering this, but i swear that's how i wandered over to ap.net in 2003. i had been a forum member, chorus.fm-blog reader, encore-listener ever since. i think what @Jason Tate is doing is bold and i fucking love it.

6. Maybe? I don't even remember much about 2002 at this point. Hahah. I did some work for DTR around those years, so it may have been. Thank you though! I really appreciate that! Especially you following my crazy-ness for like 12 years. That means so much to me! I'm glad you're here now too!

7. Zorlak

Crusher Destroyer Prestigious

Really looking forward to this, been on AP.net for over 6 years, will there be a news substitution on this site as well? I submitted a lot of stuff on AP.net and just wanna help on here as well.

8. If you scroll to the bottom of the homepage, there's a Submit News button. Submit a News Tip • chorus.fm

Zorlak likes this.
  9. Zorlak

Crusher Destroyer Prestigious

10. Collin Skeen

Regular

Hey Jason, I just wanted to say that I really respect what you're doing here. It takes a lot of courage to change gears but things tend to work out when you're focused on helping people find their voice. I'm excited to see this place grow.

11. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

:wine:

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. swedishheat

Dang, the AP.net forum was probably the longest forum membership I held. Too bad it all had to go away.

13. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

I found AP when I was in 7th or 8th grade, back when I was first really figuring out my own music tastes. Now I'm in a senior in college, 8 weeks away from graduation, and I'm still here. I've had various accounts over the years but I never really posted much at all, but I've visited nearly every day and I'm hoping to take this new beginning as a chance to be involved in the community.

The site looks great, @Jason Tate. Well done and thanks for everything over the years!

Lindsay M and Jason Tate like this.
  14. Thank you! These are the kinds of posts that really bring a huge smile to my face, cause I know you know how long it took! Haha, so thank you! I really appreciate all the kind words.

Haha, thanks so much! I hope you keep checking it out and like it!

15. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Just clicked my "Followed Threads" bookmark and saw the emptiness of AbsolutePunk. Didn't expect to feel anything, but it really shaped my taste in music over the past decade.

Thankful it lives on through Chorus.fm.

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. thenewedition

Can You Stand the Rain?

@Jason Tate Congratulations! I've been around since--gasp!--1999, way back when this was a Blink 182 (and MXPX?) fan site and you were sort of competing with some other guy named Matt or something. I think maybe he was Australian, but the memory has gone hazy by now. He probably wasn't Australian.

Anyway, this new place kicks ass and you kick ass and for a brief moment in time everything is beautiful and right with the world.

17. Hahaha, thank you! I really appreciate that.

18. That avatar looks great on the retina screen.

Thank you so much for joining and being a member, it means the world to me.

Mokena likes this.
  19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I've already posted some praise in a few other threads but Jason I just want you to know how good this site looks. I can't stop...looking at it. Even like the simple stuff like green moderator tags is really eye-pleasing.

Great job, man. I can already tell I won't have too much trouble adjusting.

20. TheNateM

Newbie Prestigious

I just want to say thanks @Jason Tate. I have been following AP.net since 2004, but the new site is fantastic in the design, layout, functionality. I cant wait to see what you come up with in the future!

21. falafelmywaffle

Without music, life would be a mistake. Supporter

So it finally happened, no more ap.net. I still have absolutepunk.net saved as a bookmark, it just takes me here now instead. Deciding whether or not to leave it for nostalgic reasons or to actually change it to Chorus.fm.

22. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

this is probably the best place to say how much I love the look of the new site. Much improved.

23. warriorsam

In March 2002, the girl I was seeing threatened to withhold sex when she saw the browser on my beige Compaq open to EmotionalPunk.com. Soon after, I found AbsolutePunk.net.

Thanks, @Jason Tate, for rescuing my sex life and then following that with 14 years of introducing my ears to my favorite bands. Also, R.I.P. to the last remaining evidence that internet people ever posted at length in a font so tiny.

24. Doing work here for so long and going back there to post at all probably took years off my eyesight.

VERY tiny fonts used to be cool. I don't know why. :crylaugh: