Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Hello, A Goodbye • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Stoked for the new site. I'm loving the look of everything so much. Absolute Punk had an insane influence on my life. The discussions that were had there made me a better person. Can't wait to see what this site brings!

justjess and Jason Tate like this.
  2. CMilliken

Trusted

Really excited for this change. I didn't use the forms much on AP.net so this will be an interesting change. Loving the look of the site.

3. Jay Z

So the article discussion page kind of works like a condensed absolutepunk news page, reading headlines and then checking the comments section.

Jason Tate likes this.
  4. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

As a 29 year old man, This is less embarrassing than telling people that my favorite website is absolutepunk.net.

Serenity Now, lava890, Toner and 2 others like this.
  5. Thanks!

CMilliken likes this.
  6. Imagine having to explain to people what your job is ... :embarrassed:

lava890 and Toner like this.
  7. Exactly. I do plan to bring more of the full post into those posts soon too, but didn't wanna do that right away because I want people to get in the habit of checking the homepage as well.

8. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Haha, I've got 5 years on you and felt the same way. I was just mentioning to a friend (and former AP'er) earlier today that referencing Chorus.fm is a lot better than AbsolutePunk

Do people still use the term "webmaster"? :-p

9. KidLightning likes this.
  10. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

Great. Look forward to reading it.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. Tags? That's awesome.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  11. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

Abolute(PUN)ly agree.

12. CMilliken

Trusted

I'm glad I'm not the only one who would like an app.

13. What aspects are you most looking for in one? News? Notifications?

14. CMilliken Mar 31, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 31, 2016)
    CMilliken

Trusted

I guess kind of both. Best way to describe it is like using Twitter from the web browser instead of a Twitter app. Definitely not a must have, but I think it would be nice.

EDIT: Especially when on a phone or tablet.

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. Jay Z

Would it be possible to put a link to the corresponding discussion pages on the news articles?

16. Possibly. It's something I'm going to start without doing, on purpose, but may.

17. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Hooray! This is so cool, Jason. I feel so excited to explore everything that's here and I can't wait to see where this site goes in the future. Thanks for all that you do and for working so hard to retain and improve the community aspect of the site.

18. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Looking forward to breaking in the new community forums. Congrats on the move, Jason. Hoping this new community thrives in an even greater way than AP.net did.

19. nsgob22

Newbie Supporter

I currently use my iphone and have the AP site saved on my home screen and use it as a mobile app, the only downfall is I end up having tons of safari tabs open.

20. That's how I use it most of the time as well.

21. Nick Persico

Hey now! Supporter

Well said, @Jason Tate. Congrats.

I went and looked at my AP profile one last time. I joined on 01/04/05 (yanks2np). It's amazing that I've been visiting a place on the internet every day for the last 11 years. I was 16 when I joined.

Looking forward to Chorus. Everything looks awesome and the community already seems to be buzzing!

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. Thank you so much! Thanks for checking it out and for visiting for over 10 years. That's incredible.

Nick Persico likes this.
  23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

another nick :scream:

Nick Persico and Jason Tate like this.
  24. nsgob22

Newbie Supporter

I joined 10/03/05. It has been great seeing AP grow and evolve.

25. Thanks for reading things I've written or made for like 11 years. That's amazing to me and I can't thank you enough.