Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Hello, A Goodbye • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 31, 2016.

1. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I'm most concerned with the editorial aspect. I like that AP had staff with their own unique tastes and input on music, entertainment, and social issues.

Jason mentions being able to transfer my prestigious account. How does that work?

2. It's a possibility in the future, at the moment I'm trying to avoid Google's duplicate content penalty. It's ... there ... just ... not there. Hah.

3. Welcome!

4. Keagan Ilvonen

So weird that it's all happening.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. razorburn

Trusted

Rest in power, AP. Thanks for the good times, and the bad.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Let me just say how awesome the mobile version is. I'm on my phone a lot more than my PC, so I can see myself posting a lot more on here.

7. ibanez966

All of the content is there, it's just hidden by styling. That does nothing to prevent Google viewing it as duplicate content. Why not actually show only a snippet and have a "load article" link that loads the content with JavaScript?

8. Jason Tate Mar 31, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 31, 2016)
    I don't have these threads indexed. It's not a permanent solution. Just a start. I want people to read one place, comment on the other to begin with.

9. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Website is killer.

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. MrSwetz

***** Prestigious

Enjoying the site so far...it's fast and as I said in the other thread, really refreshing to see! I was always a fan of VBulletin, but was always anticipating what you'd do next. Glad you're changing, most people would be afraid to.

Aaron Mook and Jason Tate like this.
  11. RedViolinist88

classical music junky Supporter

I was on the sidelines of AP, so I'm super excited to be a part of Chorus and get a little more involved. Congrats, Jason!

12. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

Will you post it? You tend to write very well so I would be interested in seeing it.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  13. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

After listening to one of the podcast episodes last year, I always got the impression that AP was on it's final legs. The last few weeks I noticed the forums were a bit slow, and the saw there was testing for a new. Let me just say that I absolutely love the design of this forum. A lot of forums are suffering in 2016 to stay afloat with reddit taking traffic away from them. This is how a forum should look in the modern age. It's sleek and very easy on the eyes. I was a lurker on the AP for many years, but reading the posts of the community here was enjoyable. Here's to Chorus.fm and being apart of this community!

Aaron Mook and Jason Tate like this.
  14. noKings

Regular

I'm in.

15. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

This! Yes!

I'm so excited for this change. I've been hanging around ap.net for probably more than a decade, but since I made my account when I was so young and went through long periods of inactivity, I didn't feel super comfortable starting up posting regularly again in the last few years. The last couple weeks I've been involved with the Chorus community have been so much more fun and rewarding for me.

Jason, seriously, thanks for everything, from keeping us all up to date with music happenings over the years to building this awesome new community so we can continue to evolve together.

Mokena and Jason Tate like this.
  16. RedViolinist88

classical music junky Supporter

It'll be hard enough to make sure he eats! I'm sure he already has a coffee IV running.

17. mikeftttf

Same here, AP was a huge part of shaping my musical taste since I was a teenager (now late twenties) but never joined in the forum side of things... hopefully I can be more involved going forward. Congrats Jason on going big with Chorus.fm and best of luck - happy to be a supporter of your new thing!

Lindsay M and Jason Tate like this.
  18. Brandon339

Newbie Supporter

I'll echo a few sentiments and say that I've never really been part of the forums on AP (mostly due to anxiety from posting online), but was visiting the site on a regular basis for a decade. I'm excited to see where it goes from here!

CMilliken and Jason Tate like this.
  19. nsgob22

Newbie Supporter

I have been using the site for a little while and have really liked it.
    Jason are you making a mobile app?

CMilliken likes this.
  20. adrian

high and lows, they go something like this... Supporter

I'm in love. Like many others I never really took part in the forums on AP, did however read through countless threads on help with problems in my life growing up. Congrats and best of luck!

21. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

So is the news page going to be less of a focus or can we expect the same amount of daily news being posted on that fancy new homepage?

22. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

RIP AP.NET

23. Thanks!

Probably not a full app for a while. May integrate with some to offer push notifications though.

So glad you're here! Thanks for checking it out.

I wouldn't say the same amount. I'd say the right amount though. I'll be posting more starting tomorrow.

24. Hey, thanks a lot! Can do. I'll post the link in here or maybe just copy and paste it. I'll tag you too, as that's a thing we can do now B-)