Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Ghost Story (David Lowery, July 27, 2017 A24) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dog with a Blog, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

That whole Dark Rooms album is pretty good if you like that song

Yasqueen4 and chewbacca110 like this.
  2. Yasqueen4

Trusted

I can't stop thinking about it honestly. The pie scene killed me. That was so well acted I could actually feel her grief and the loneliness in that house. I also really like that headphone scene when she is listening to his song for the first time and then after he passed away. It was sad when she just walked out after without saying anything and I felt like you could see how hurt he was in his eyes. Oh and the first scene the intimate one was so well acted and beautiful. The 3 loneliest scenes for me was when he was staring up when they were constructing the new building, when he stepped out to a skyline of the future and when he was watching the pioneer girl play and write. I was thinking how many hours days years he sits there and a lot of days probably doesn't see or hear anything only the wind etc. Damn I cried like 7 times

3. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I slept on this so hard, this was stunning

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  4. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

My friend told me this movie was “pretentious, first year art school student bullshit”

I loved almost everything about it. Fuck. The mood, atmosphere, score, cinematography, acting, everything was on point. One of the most emotionally resonant films I’ve seen in years.

And yeah the pie scene is devastating.

5. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Wow, I absolutely love this movie. Any theories as to what the door of light that opened up in the hospital was?

Rowan5215 likes this.
  6. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

wasn't it Heaven? the fact that he only had a few seconds to go through that door before it closes up kinda fits in with the theme of the movie, that making the decision to leave/move on is incredibly difficult but also very important. the parallel between him moving onto Heaven/her moving on to another house is pretty nice, I think. might seem simple but this movie went for simplicity and plainness in almost every case and that's why I loved it

7. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

I slept on this hard because of Casey Affleck but what a stunning film.

8. Dog with a Blog

I was just listening to the score yesterday and texting @Larry David about it. Such a powerful movie and one of the few in recent memory to actually exceed my expectations

Larry David and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  9. Serenity Now Sep 17, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 17, 2018)
    Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Just saw this. Wow. A few thoughts:

- Great music all around
    - Incredible “story” on the concept of time & life
    - The monologue at the party really ties it all together
    - The Dark Rooms song is sick & the part where they play the whole thing was the most heartbreaking part of the movie for me
    - Damn the afterlife could be DULL

10. Dinosaurs Dish Apr 13, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 13, 2019)
    Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

This seemed like something up my alley but I felt it completely missed the mark. That conversation during the party is one of the most blunt and heavy-handed scenes I’ve ever seen and in the worst possible way.

What can and can’t this ghost do? He’s able to manipulate so many different things physically but takes years and years to scratch a little hole to get the paper? I’m sure the director intended most of this as being metaphorical, but even that it’s inconsistent and not worth the time to return to and try and find something.

I’m glad they didn’t show the note in the end and thought a few other scenes were interesting or neat ideas, but overall it felt super long and just made me roll my eyes pretty often.

11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

“Hey, that scene where the ghost knocks the books off the bookshelf and all over the ground? Make sure we focus the camera on showing that they have a Nietzsche book among their collection. We really need to hammer home this couple is so philosophical!”

Gimme a break.