Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

A Ghost Story (David Lowery, July 27, 2017 A24) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dog with a Blog, Mar 27, 2017.

1. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I think having movie posters on the walls of your house normally looks pretty tacky but I have the poster for this movie on my bedroom wall

2. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

If you buy tacky posters maybe

3. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I think it's the lack of a frame that normally does it

4. Dog with a Blog

Definitely the lack of frame, posters can look great! This is an awesome poster to have, I think I’ll follow suit

5. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I bought the poster before even seeing the movie because I was so hype and it's such a great poster

6. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Fuck, totally missed that. That's a good catch

7. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

You can buy this for $4.99 on iTunes right now.

chewbacca110 and Larry David like this.
  8. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I haven't seen this, but I might as well buy it for $5.

jkauf and Larry David like this.
  9. Benjamin Hembus

Benjamin HembusI really got in an argument with a friend about this film, although we both really loved it. I was convinced that Casey's ghost falls from the high rise, lands at the beginning of the house and lives and those years until Rooney and Casey arrive. Casey's ghost is the one, that stalks them, bangs on the piano. And when Casey dies, another ghost moves into the house, the first ghost is released and the new one begins the same journey. My friend is convinced, that the piano banging ghost is another ghost who lived in the house the whole time. Can you give me a hint? or a link?
    Ende der Chat-Unterhaltung

10. This is on Amazon Prime now.

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The Red Letter Media guys were gushing about this on their end of year list. It was so funny hearing all of the horrible shit people had said after seeing it.

12. seimagery

instagram.com/thekissingglow/

Finally saw this, was pretty much blown away. Might be my favorite of the year, need to think on it and watch it again at some point. I can't stop thinking about this.

Yasqueen4 and Dog with a Blog like this.
  13. manoverboard365

Trusted

Wow I just watched this and I'm in awe. Such a great movie....I went in with such low expectations and was blown away.

Everyone who has Amazon Prime I highly recommend catching this.

Yasqueen4 and Dog with a Blog like this.
  14. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Holy shit this was exactly what I was thinking...just finished my first watch

15. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

And yes this movie was insanely good.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  16. Morrissey

Trusted

This was a movie from last year that did not get nearly enough attention. It is surprising how few critics highlighted it at the end of the year.

17. Dog with a Blog

It got basically no attention and it bums me out

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  18. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I assume that’s got something to do with casey affleck being the star

manoverboard365 and cwhit like this.
  19. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i was going to say, probably a good thing to not give him credit and acclaim. maybe that'll dissuade directors from working with him

20. Morrissey

Trusted

It isn't about Affleck; he is in the movie for a few minutes and then stands around in a sheet. It is not what makes the movie good.

21. Dog with a Blog

Possibly. Although, Gary Oldman won new actor and doesn’t exactly have the cleanest record. I’m fine with this not being an Oscar contender, but I still think it should have gotten more attention.

22. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

This being a super low budget, weird, independent movie with little promotion had more to do with its performance and acclaim than Casey Affleck. He’s a scumbag, but it’s not like critics and audiences were taking a moral high ground because of him. If he were cast in a superhero movie, it’d still make hundreds of millions of dollars.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  23. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I never heard of this movie but ya'll are gushing about it so now I have to watch it

24. Morrissey

Trusted

It was bizarre that the same groups of people who promote obscure, low-budget, and arthouse films also ignored this. It appeared in very few critics year-end lists.

25. Yasqueen4

Trusted

can't stop listening to the song from the movie now